No Raise this Year?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
the chart Dano posted in the other thread is the new levels for a/b combined now. not much of a bump if you're in A market now but good bump for B market. too bad the market level increase doesn't matter for your current hourly wage as you won't see it. they added it to the step progression so now it takes you longer to top out if you're in A/B market. crappy how they manipulated the numbers
I will be in a B market. This raise puts me even further behind top pay by a dollar more. Top pay here will be $28.94. Thanks FedEx.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
YOUU dont care. did the other members elected you to speak on their behalf? or did you select yourself?

this is one of the most important economic charts you can find and it gives a general idea as to why your raises are so weak!
No they did not "elected" me, nor did they elect me. The reason why our raises are so weak has nothing to do with your chart and everything to do with greed at the top of FedEx.

How about it everyone? Do y'all really care about rickyb's outdated chart on American raises?????

Last edited:

optikz

I will be in a B market. This raise puts me even further behind top pay by a dollar more. Top pay here will be $28.94. Thanks FedEx.
yup. but none of it adds up. using the way they calculating our raises, topped out employees won't even be at top of scale unless they skip them up 2 steps. top pay in market b is 24.42....3% of that would be 25.15....that would out them between steps 8-9 on this chart.....so what does that for topped out employees? will they go to step 9 at 25.31 and re-top out next year? with this new market level crap, we actually got pushed down 1 level.

fdxsux

YOUU dont care. did the other members elected you to speak on their behalf? or did you select yourself?

this is one of the most important economic charts you can find and it gives a general idea as to why your raises are so weak!
The rest of us don't care either. Why don't you take your chart and apply for a FedEx HR position.

slowdriver

No they did not "elected" me, nor did they elect me. The reason why our raises are so weak has nothing to do with your chart and everything to do with greed at the top of FedEx.

How about it everyone? Do y'all really care about rickyb's outdated chart on American raises?????
Scroll past it, this is a public forum.. Sometimes its nice to see something other than whining about fedex.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Scroll past it, this is a public forum.. Sometimes its nice to see something other than whining about fedex.
One thing you don't realize though because you might not venture out of the FedEx forums, is that rickyb spends all his time on here posting from his mother's basement, about how horrible the United States is. It really gets old. I thought I was at least safe in the FedEx forums from his constant postings. Now he has an audience here. :(.

dezguy

... And who elected you to post material that doesn't even pertain to the subject at hand?

dezguy

I'm happy you guys finally are getting an idea of what your raise is going to be. Meanwhile, up here, still no word on raises. Safe to say, we're not getting one this year.

FedexCares

technically yes, but not really. starting pay is now 16.60, 1.26 more an hour. we don't get that. they bumped the step progression up to reflect the market level change. add 3% to your current wage and see where you fall on the new step ladder, that's your new wage. I'm you've been here 12 years or less, you will more than likely be at 17.50. pretty crappie how they did this. get your hopes up about a market level increase and find a way to work it in their favor.

basically they used the marker level increase to push you back 2 steps further from topping out. so if you were close to step 4 last year, you're probably on step 2 now.
I think you guys are thinking about market level increases incorrectly, at least in my experience. About a year ago, my station went up 2 market levels, from 16.05 starting pay to 18.27 start for new hires. That's a 2+ dollar increase, so you would think all couriers at the station would get this 2+ dollars added to their pay rate for the market level increase. This is not what Fedex did though. They gave everyone a flat 3.3% increase for the two market levels (no idea how they arrived at this number) which ended up being about a 65 cent raise for me, since I was about a 1.50 over the 16.05 base pay rate when the 2 market level increase hit. Thus, after the market level increases, I went to being just barely over new-hire pay rate again, and the only reason I was over new high rate is because they did the market levels increase at the same time as we got the 6% raise, so that was enough to get me into the mid 18$ an hour, and so im about 40-50 cents over a new hire now when I was about a 1.50 over a fresh newbie.

Long story short, market level increases are nice, but have never been as good as most people here think I dont believe.

whenIgetthere

I think you guys are thinking about market level increases incorrectly, at least in my experience. About a year ago, my station went up 2 market levels, from 16.05 starting pay to 18.27 start for new hires. That's a 2+ dollar increase, so you would think all couriers at the station would get this 2+ dollars added to their pay rate for the market level increase. This is not what Fedex did though. They gave everyone a flat 3.3% increase for the two market levels (no idea how they arrived at this number) which ended up being about a 65 cent raise for me, since I was about a 1.50 over the 16.05 base pay rate when the 2 market level increase hit. Thus, after the market level increases, I went to being just barely over new-hire pay rate again, and the only reason I was over new high rate is because they did the market levels increase at the same time as we got the 6% raise, so that was enough to get me into the mid 18$ an hour, and so im about 40-50 cents over a new hire now when I was about a 1.50 over a fresh newbie.

Long story short, market level increases are nice, but have never been as good as most people here think I dont believe.

We were in a B market, now we are base. My bump was 78 cents. People here thought they were going to see two and three dollars bumps. Dreamers.

SmithBarney

We were in a B market, now we are base. My bump was 78 cents. People here thought they were going to see two and three dollars bumps. Dreamers.

Actually we were told months ago, that it was going to be such...any wonder why we have to have secret meetings with managers to discuss "how to calculate our pay" since discussing pay with coworkers is a terminable offense they don't want us talking about it.

For those who are math challenged.
YOURCURRENTPAY X 1.03 = YOURNEWPAY RATE(Then go find your STEP)
For Example
$15 X 1.03 = 15.45

Someone asked about different market levels than A/B:
Someone uploaded this image,

each level above BASE goes up 5%
We've heard that A/B/E are going to be Base
as for the others, you'll have to ask your manager.

As of right now, just throw out your current market level
and take your current pay(+3%) and get dropped into your new STEP Level.(NO MARKET BUMPS)

So say CRR 1 and 2 were hired 5yrs ago on the same day, but one in Market A and one in Market B, chances are they will end up in the same step, but the possibility for two people with similar seniority to be a step apart, even worse as previously mentioned, someone with 1yr, and someone with 5yrs will now make the same.

The newest question is what will Swings and CTV drivers get paid, and on what chart...our swings are annoyed that there isn't a chart yet(or an answer)

Attachments

• BASEplus.jpeg
    BASEplus.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 235