No Raise this Year?

Buhryein

They are not topped out in the the new market but are getting raises if they went to new market top out that would mean they would be getting a $1.50 raise vs someone already in the A market that was topped out who is getting a 75¢ raise. And when you move to step 10 next year it will equal more of a raise then top A would get if they get a raise next year.

optikz

They are not topped out in the the new market but are getting raises if they went to new market top out that would mean they would be getting a $1.50 raise vs someone already in the A market that was topped out who is getting a 75¢ raise. And when you move to step 10 next year it will equal more of a raise then top A would get if they get a raise next year.
either way, the way they calculate the new raises is jacked up. you move starting pay in market level B up by 8%, but fail to give that 8% to everyone else. you give them 3% thus making the gap between new hire and midrange that much closer....again. I thought they said they were trying to address that issue before. how is it that 2-12 year employees will all be making pretty much the same money? someone here with 12 years will be making 17.50 just like someone wth 2 years under their belt.

bacha29

Well I'm sure their union contract spells out in easier to
Understand language how much raises are without all these BS guessing games.
The current state of confusion regarding the if, when and how much in the way of wage increases X grunts will and will not receive is clearly by design. What appears to be certain is that it won't amount to much more than an inflation adjustment to the guys who are or are nearly topped out .

Buhryein

either way, the way they calculate the new raises is jacked up. you move starting pay in market level B up by 8%, but fail to give that 8% to everyone else. you give them 3% thus making the gap between new hire and midrange that much closer....again. I thought they said they were trying to address that issue before. how is it that 2-12 year employees will all be making pretty much the same money? someone here with 12 years will be making 17.50 just like someone wth 2 years under their belt.

It is that way now for the market A people and will be after the step system raises go into effect, had they bumped the B to A then given them 3% then the step, you would have had some market B people getting placed higher then equal service As and the As would still be stuck close to or equal to the new Hires anyway. You are getting put into a higher Market bracket but aren't required to do different areas or do anything different what did you expect? You will have some guys that luck out and make a few pennies over a step and get a nice raise while some are just pennies under and get their 3% and 10 cents.

Unfortunately mostly this benefits without a doubt the newest employees in either market, they will make out like bandits basically.

If base gets a 3% bump they will be over step one and jump to step 2 these guys seeing their first raise will get put into step two. While you have employees with 9 years in step 2 as well, a 10 year employee will top out after having worked 17-18 years (if the step system stays in place) while a 1 year employee will top out in 9 total.

All in all its great for new hires just salt in the wound for most everyone else but we will take those salty fries and eat them anyways.

dex 84

It is that way now for the market A people and will be after the step system raises go into effect, had they bumped the B to A then given them 3% then the step, you would have had some market B people getting placed higher then equal service As and the As would still be stuck close to or equal to the new Hires anyway. You are getting put into a higher Market bracket but aren't required to do different areas or do anything different what did you expect? You will have some guys that luck out and make a few pennies over a step and get a nice raise while some are just pennies under and get their 3% and 10 cents.

Unfortunately mostly this benefits without a doubt the newest employees in either market, they will make out like bandits basically.

If base gets a 3% bump they will be over step one and jump to step 2 these guys seeing their first raise will get put into step two. While you have employees with 9 years in step 2 as well, a 10 year employee will top out after having worked 17-18 years (if the step system stays in place) while a 1 year employee will top out in 9 total.

All in all its great for new hires just salt in the wound for most everyone else but we will take those salty fries and eat them anyways.

It makes senses from a business standpoint. The couriers with less than 5 years are the ones that keep jumping ship causing the high turnover. Anyone that's stayed 10+ years has shown fedex year after year that they will gladly eat a :censored2: sandwich every October and keep showing up to work. They have to give incentive to the new hires to stay because those are the employees who haven't been here so long that they've committed to making a career in the company.

bacha29

FedEx - Masters of The Shell Game
They are by design making the pay package so confusing and contradictory that they could actually be cutting you to minimum wage and you guys would be so confused that by the time you got it all figured out it would be too late. Don't despair though, all you have to remember is that X is one of the" best"" and most" trusted" companies in America to work for. You do have to hand it to them. They have in their midst some of the best spin doctors in America today.

FedexCares

It was confirmed by my senior today that this a 10 STEP plan not a 10 YEAR plan. He absolutely was forthcoming that we should not expect a step every year. I give him credit for being on the level because this is really the first time I have heard anyone in management actually say this.

I think most of us already realized this, but now it's official.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx - Masters of The Shell Game

You are correct, sir!! It's really amazing how many people think FedEx has "responded" to the pay problem. They've only done it at stations where the turnover was beyond massive by bumping market levels...selectively.

Overall, they are doing exactly what you indicated...playing another winning round of the shell game.

whenIgetthere

You are correct, sir!! It's really amazing how many people think FedEx has "responded" to the pay problem. They've only done it at stations where the turnover was beyond massive by bumping market levels...selectively.

Overall, they are doing exactly what you indicated...playing another winning round of the shell game.

I cannot think of one person at my station who is happy with where they wound up on the steps, or with the market level 'bump'. Really, ten year people who are pennies above new hires.

El Morado Diablo

I cannot think of one person at my station who is happy with where they wound up on the steps, or with the market level 'bump'. Really, ten year people who are pennies above new hires.

The average raise in our station seems to be about 3.5%. The exception being the newbies who will be getting 8% due to the market level increase (to Step 1).

Our topped out couriers will be Step 9. Everyone else will be Step 1 or Step 2. Lot of confused and unhappy campers moping around.

vantexan

We have 10 year people on step 2. They aren't happy with that, but in 3 years, assuming of course they move a step every year, they'll be above $20hr. I'm not defending FedEx, just saying that's better than what they were doing. If FedEx doesn't keep their word then turnover will only get worse. Again, it's not about FedEx trying to do right by us, it's about them saving their golden goose. They know they took it too far, and are grudgingly giving better pay to newhires while still screwing with those they believe it's their right to screw with. As someone said, we've proven we'll take the abuse, and the twentysomethings have proven they won't.

whenIgetthere

The average raise in our station seems to be about 3.5%. The exception being the newbies who will be getting 8% due to the market level increase (to Step 1).

Our topped out couriers will be Step 9. Everyone else will be Step 1 or Step 2. Lot of confused and unhappy campers moping around.

My raise is a little over 7% because of the market level/step. But, we have people with less seniority than me a step or two higher than me. I agree, lots of angry five to fifteen year people. Manager had two newbies watch me during code 53 the other day, three year lady next to me says "These clowns make the same as me come October, they're watching you while I'm actually working!" Can't disagree with that at all.

Purplepackage

My raise is a little over 7% because of the market level/step. But, we have people with less seniority than me a step or two higher than me. I agree, lots of angry five to fifteen year people. Manager had two newbies watch me during code 53 the other day, three year lady next to me says "These clowns make the same as me come October, they're watching you while I'm actually working!" Can't disagree with that at all.

That is the worst part, i know that at my station there are 2 year guys that after this raise will make around 19.50