No Raise this Year?

SmithBarney

Just a stupid question. Why isn't anyone a Step 10?
For BASE market(which is A/B) those that are topped out in market level A, are at step 10. If you are topped out at Market level B,
you'll land at step 9, so in reality you still are market level B, and maybe it will equalize next year(for those in step 9) all other steps will be
still a step behind, unless hired after OCT 2.(all new hires in A/B will be at the same rate.)

The interesting fallout from this is how many A market folks will now move to B areas, where it is presumed to be a lower cost of living...

fedex_rtd

Just a stupid question. Why isn't anyone a Step 10?

Good question...I saw the pay step chart today, a current top of range employee will land exactly on step 9 after the 3% raise is figured in. That same top of range employee would get a raise over 6.7% if they bumped them up to step 10 from current top of range, and I just don't see FedEx being that considerate to our financial needs.

McFeely

Huge Member
Finally found out my October increase...3.6% bump and I'm at step 2. I've only been a courier ~3 years, so pretty much what I expected.

Can't wait to hear all the first year couriers bragging about their 7% raises though!

Buhryein

Finally found out my October increase...3.6% bump and I'm at step 2. I've only been a courier ~3 years, so pretty much what I expected.

Can't wait to hear all the first year couriers bragging about their 7% raises though!

3yrs step two is nice sucks you have people with just over a year that are the same as you, my friend is 6years and step 2 and I know lots of 10ish that are only step 3 (one guy was 3¢ from getting bumped to step 4 )

Yankeefan

Anyone explain these steps and market levels? Not sure what they're all about....I'm not a courier I work in DG been here almost 2 yrs @ memphis

Biggest loser ...right here :stupid: 13 years and I'm a step 5 !!

Serf

Anyone explain these steps and market levels? Not sure what they're all about....I'm not a courier I work in DG been here almost 2 yrs @ memphis
Working in DG, Team Leader, Shuttle Driver, etc. You are in a job code 7I. Slightly less than courier, swing, RTD, dispatch pay. Your manager should have your increase speculation. :cool:

Am happy yet a bit dissapointed i only got 1.10 22.21 hr ..i was hoping more but its ok. I still got my house n am living confortable. I am not selfish one guy at my sta got 2.75 raise and some are well over 30 plus hour...lucky for them. I hope to be there in 6 years am step 4.
PS i spoke to sm and he said it was certain they could not chage the steps or freeze them. They had a meeting w all vps
So am getting this from a good source.

It will be fine

Am happy yet a bit dissapointed i only got 1.10 22.21 hr ..i was hoping more but its ok. I still got my house n am living confortable. I am not selfish one guy at my sta got 2.75 raise and some are well over 30 plus hour...lucky for them. I hope to be there in 6 years am step 4.
PS i spoke to sm and he said it was certain they could not chage the steps or freeze them. They had a meeting w all vps
Lol. They can't freeze steps? You must be new here. Pro tip everyone in management lies. The one you know may just be passing on lies he's been told, but the result is the same.

fdxsux

Unless the economy tanks, or oil prices go up, or they come up with a "better plan", or Fred S wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, or, or, or,or

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Disappointment and lies are SOP at FedEx. Sounds like you are starting to figure it out. Believe it or not, we're trying to help you.

Express Courier

If they were not going to freeze steps don't you think this would be something they would make clear with everyone, be transparent etc. instead of being all hush hush and shady about all this? They would be screaming it from the rooftops if they had no shady intentions.