No routes?

Nickfury7

No routes for Casual/Cover Drivers, but they make sure they have routes for peak drivers? Sending us home, because they say they have to train them. So now I'm only getting three days a week and end up having to work Saturdays.

Nickfury7

Haven't spoke with him yet. But a full time driver with 20+ years, injured himself and needs surgery, and will be out until atleast march. So instead of giving it to a cover driver, they train a peak driver to do it until end of December. I'll let it slide this week, but next week I need to work 5 days. They want me to just be extra so I can just go out with 60 stops and then go out and help 3-4 drivers a day. I don't know, ill bring it up to my sup tomorrow. And its not that I'm a bad driver. I blow through any route, and I mean any route, and I take an hour lunch. I can get any route done by 4. But they keep saying they have to train peak drivers.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
There's your problem. You're "one of their drivers" stop blowing through all those routes. You wanna aim for great driver not their driver. They treat their drivers however they want because you are their buddy who goes out and blows through routes making them look good and other drivers look bad. Stop doing that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Haven't spoke with him yet. But a full time driver with 20+ years, injured himself and needs surgery, and will be out until atleast march. So instead of giving it to a cover driver, they train a peak driver to do it until end of December. I'll let it slide this week, but next week I need to work 5 days. They want me to just be extra so I can just go out with 60 stops and then go out and help 3-4 drivers a day. I don't know, ill bring it up to my sup tomorrow. And its not that I'm a bad driver. I blow through any route, and I mean any route, and I take an hour lunch. I can get any route done by 4. But they keep saying they have to train peak drivers.
If you're a regular FT cover driver, they can't work a peak driver and send you home unless you agree to it. If you're a casual, eh, not sure cuz we don't have those here that's why I asked about your supplement.
Pro tip: Don't come around the BC braggin about how you blow through routes, you'll only get a lot of unwarranted grief from all us old slackers :wink2:

Nickfury7

I know. I hear it all the time at my job. Even on days I try to go slow still get done early..but sorry for bragging. Didnt mean it that way. Ya I haven't made ft yet, still only pt seniority, I'm labeled a utility driver.

feeder05

If your a PTer/utility driver they will give all regular work to the Peak hires. The center will use you for emergencies when they have work hanging and no coverage. Good luck.

OptimusPrime

Glad to know where Clark Kent got a job after he quit the Daily Bugle. Superman Quits His Newspaper Job? Good, He’s a Hack - The Daily Beast

Here we roll out at 9am. To be in at 4, with a full lunch, you are knocking out "any" route in 6 hours. BEASTMODE! Or you work some serious cush routes. Either way.

Re-Raise

I blow through any route, and I mean any route, and I take an hour lunch. I can get any route done by 4.

Whatever hotshot. Do you realize how green this makes you sound. You aren't even full-time yet kid, you had better reel in your ego a little bit. If you ever made a claim like that at my center we would give you enough splits to make your rookie head spin.

kingOFchester

Whatever hotshot. Do you realize how green this makes you sound. You aren't even full-time yet kid, you had better reel in your ego a little bit. If you ever made a claim like that at my center we would give you enough splits to make your rookie head spin.

Give Nick a little slack. He is new. I know must of the drivers I have talked to started out the same way as Nick. It takes a little time to understand the way things work at UPS. Let him get screwed a few times and he will be eventually become more grounded.

CAFAL

Welcome to november. In my building,they are cutting routes,laying off cover drivers and working helpers. This is LEGAL after nov 1 here. Cover guys got two to three days last week. I had 17 hours overtime running a helper every day. Peak and training mean they do what they want.It sucks but in two weeks those sups will be on the road trying to figure it out it will be so busy,and your truck will be overflowing

menotyou

bella amicizia
Welcome to november. In my building,they are cutting routes,laying off cover drivers and working helpers. This is LEGAL after nov 1 here. Cover guys got two to three days last week. I had 17 hours overtime running a helper every day. Peak and training mean they do what they want.It sucks but in two weeks those sups will be on the road trying to figure it out it will be so busy,and your truck will be overflowing
They tried that crap with me. Claimed they had no trucks. Claimed they could do it. Claimed the contract allowed a lot of things it doesn't. My personal vehicle at the time was loaded every day with half a route(Subaru outbacks can hold a lot). I was paid driver's wage, not helper pay, and mileage.

Oh my!!!! I stood up for myself and my checkbook thanked me. I don't really care if someone think I should have just gone with the flow and not made waves. Those waves made me an additional $10,000. I like those waves.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Aaaah, the young, they're so cute when they're that age. Then they grow up and they get hurt and they don't understand how it happened. They did everything they could to stay in the good graces of management and all of a sudden they're on the radar and screaming, help me help me to the union cuz they got fired over something like signing a customers name. But they're the golden child and they shouldn't be fired.

WAAAAA