no show

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
He must be good at calling in, maybe he has a doctor's note. I think he has something wrong with his right foot, he can't mash it to the floor all the way. Dale is from North Carolina, I wonder what Local he is in?

helenofcalifornia

I hope UPS is getting a refund on some of their (our) money that we gave Dale. Would have been nice if we could have got Junior to sponsor the car. What the heck is UPS thinking these days? Outta touch with reality.

trickpony1

wonder if he is breaking any union rules by double dipping?

I was in a Toyota dealership last week.
Lo and behold!....guess what is prominently displayed in the sales area?
A big (probably 30 inch by 30 inch) photo of DJ leaning against his Toyota race car with a smirk on his face and our company logo emblazened on the front of his racing suit.
Wonder how much he's making off of that?

Would that be considered "double dipping"?

area43

We could lower our rates if we got rid of one driver. Dale would be covered under the CS mep if he was working in NC. It appears he might be like Hoffa and be dipping into multiple funds when it comes to his pension. As we all know, there are Nascar Race Tracks in alot of states. That theoritically makes him vested every time he races in that funds area. I wonder if he will be put under a two ck sytem like the rest of the drivers. What about his pension with Ford? Hmmm, I think Dale should just crash the car in every race from now on. Him finishing in the middle or back of the pack just dosen't give UPS alot of TV time. If he wrecks and its a good wreck the Caution goes up and UPS could get more bang for their advertising buck. All we get now is his pawning his wears on QVC. UPS, we need a Denny Hamlin(fedex driver) type of driver. Young Blood at the controls. Denny's in the race for the championship. I believe he's in the top 5. Folks I am not a Nascar Car fan, but alot of my customers are. I deliver a rural route in Va. I try and fool them, but they find out sooner than later. LOL

retired2000

he is even doing commericals with michael for nappa parts. at least with dale not in the race he does not tear up the car at all.

helenofcalifornia

Danica! Now there's an idea!! Much too progressive for UPS I think. And think of all those commercials that they can't run on TV now every time Dale doesn't qualify.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
All our discussion must have convinced DJ to get off the "least best" or DNQ list. I think the 19th starting postion is his highest of the year!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I'm wondering if UPS will somehow get out of the Toyota sponsorship now that Hamlin will be driving a Toyota next season? FDX and UPS to have Toyota's , I guess misery loves company!

helenofcalifornia

DJ was so happy when they interviewed him on TV yesterday! He was soooo grateful and appreciative. Will start at 14, and, again promptly drop to the back. Nice guy though. Damn, I wish UPS had a top 12 driver.