NO TO HYBRID DRIVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

542thruNthru

Do you really think 22.4 drivers will work their 4 years and be stuck there ?
UPS will want the fully progressed driver to go M-friend, and they will hire another full time 22.4 to take his place.

I agree everywhere is different. Our feeder department is pretty small here. Ontario California is where the bulk of our feeder is I believe.

The only thing is I really think the company will do their best to not hire regular FT drivers. If this passes I hope I'm wrong and everything works out. It's just this company can't be trusted and I'd rather not give them the chance if I can help it.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
1a. So to alleviate excessive OT for FT the resolution is to create a lower class tier that runs into excessive overtime every week? Okay lets look at a probale senerio If a FT driver in 5 years get 5 hours of OT on average per week would gross $1900 at an even $40/hour VS a hybrid driver does 10 hours of OT at $34 per hour would gross $1870...so whats the point?

Whats the point? The point is in exactly what you stated. UPS worked a 22.4 for 50 hours "driving" and paid less than working a normal driver 45 hours.

That is 6 "freebie" hours per week the company just gained PER 22.4 driver!
Minus $4 for you anal retentive types out there!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree everywhere is different. Our feeder department is pretty small here. Ontario California is where the bulk of our feeder is I believe.

The only thing is I really think the company will do their best to not hire regular FT drivers. If this passes I hope I'm wrong and everything works out. It's just this company can't be trusted and I'd rather not give them the chance if I can help it.
Maybe the union should start stooping down to their level....

F

Frankie's Friend

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

This is a forum to complain about how life and the big bad brown is so unfair.

Dude, I just checked the date on your label and it said you were expired.

This is the forum for union folks to comment about all kinds of company issues, of which you have no say in.
You're just a can of soup on the shelf with no say in your destiny.

Either you'll end up in the trash when you expire or someone will poop you into their toilet and flush you.
Great choice of screen name.
Pea brain.

Yes I believe that 22.4 will be stuck for longer then 4 years. If no one retires/quits/fired there is no need for UPS to make more fulltime drivers.

Hell we have PT cover drivers that have been cover for 7 years and driver every single day. Our wait to go full time is 10 years here. So again yes I believe in areas they will be stuck there for longer then 4 years.

We have 14 cover drivers that drive ever day. The 25% language will allow the company to make 20 22.4 drivers in my center alone. When the covers are slowly sent back into the building or made 22.4 they will be driving every day other then Monday.
We don’t have pt cover drivers. How much do they make? How much goes into their pension? You don’t think those cover driver would like to make $34 in a few years and a $90k+ pension?

Now actually he's not completely wrong. A new hybrid will start at $20 an hour and I'll be at $37.78. Also in three years I'll be at $40 an hour and they will still be starting at $20 an hour.
And now you make $37. And the new guy makes $19. The same amount since 2013.

@1989 You should be totally against this. We all know how much you think it's unsafe for drivers to go out cold. Every single hybrid driver will be going out cold every day.
What’s the difference if a regular driver is going out cold or a 22.4 is doing it? Going out cold is easier to do in your first center because you get 30 days on a route. That gives you time to learn the major arteries, air drop points, and even how to get back to the center. The lowest seniority driver does not do a route cold everyday, why would all the 22.4s?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We don’t have pt cover drivers. How much do they make? How much goes into their pension? You don’t think those cover driver would like to make $34 in a few years and a $90k+ pension?
Our pt cover drivers make 85% of top rate from day one, which will be almost $35 four years from now.

Downside is no guarantee you'll work and part time pension. I'd feel better about 22.4 if we eliminated pt cover drivers, but that's a supplemental issue and I doubt it will happen.

Our pt cover drivers make 85% of top rate from day one, which will be almost $35 four years from now.

Downside is no guarantee you'll work and part time pension. I'd feel better about 22.4 if we eliminated pt cover drivers, but that's a supplemental issue and I doubt it will happen.
Sounds like PT cover drivers are the real threat to more FT driving jobs. How long has this been going on? We don't use PT ground drivers in my building.

Sounds like the 22.4 was a knock off of the pt cover driver. How can you have both a pt cover and a 22.4 working at the same time? If they do eliminate the pt cover for 22.4 they would be stuck @ $31 for a long time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sounds like PT cover drivers are the real threat to more FT driving jobs. How long has this been going on? We don't use PT ground drivers in my building.
Well it's not a threat it's reality.
I'd say the last thing we need is to give the company another way to avoid paying top rate.

Anyone who's seen the way the company abuses the part time cover driver language should know better than to vote for 22.4.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sounds like the 22.4 was a knock off of the pt cover driver. How can you have both a pt cover and a 22.4 working at the same time? If they do eliminate the pt cover for 22.4 they would be stuck @ $31 for a long time.
Not sure we'll have to wait and see the supplemental language.

The way it looks now, a part time driver on his first day will be making more per hour than a top rate 22.4.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In all honesty the hybrid drivers is a huge problem because
giphy-64.gif