No Word Yet on 2009 UPS NASCAR Plans

govols019

You smell that?
Who watches F1?.........

Formula One can be seen live or tape delayed in almost every country and territory around the world and attracts one of the largest global television audiences. The 2006 Brazilian Grand Prix attracted an average live global TV audience of eighty-three million viewers, with a total of 154 million viewers tuning in to watch at least some part of the event.[60] Official figures from FOM for 2006 that state Formula One television broadcasts were witnessed by 580 million unique viewers during the 2005 season[61] and average viewing figures for 1995–1999 were 50 billion.[62] It is a massive television event; the cumulative television audience was calculated to be 54 billion for 2001 season, broadcast to two hundred countries.[63]
In 2005 the Canadian Grand Prix in Montréal was the most watched of the races, and the third most watched sporting event in the world.[64]
Should I continue?

Yes, please continue. Post the number of American viewers F1 has. I bet they would be lucky to pull a million.

Bernie can keep his over-hyped go-kart racing across the pond forever as far as I, and most Americans, care.

rushfan

Way to go..waste another few million on a non winning team, and a "sport" that is loosing viewer ship. I hope we are sponsoring another nag like Big Brown. Now that was a good marketing decision.

Just my 2 cents worth.

upsdude

Well, nothing new there UPSDUDE. But how does that gain us realized volume. Those companies ship with whoever they want to.

Didn't say it did. Just pointing out the large number of companies that find value in Nascar sponsorship.

Your original post implied there is no value/return in Nascar sponsorship. I guess the CEO's of all those companies listed are throwing money away.

BTW, the list I posted shows companies that have a agreement with Nascar. I don't have access to a list showing companies that are only involved with individual teams.

FAVREFAN

Yes, please continue. Post the number of American viewers F1 has. I bet they would be lucky to pull a million.

Bernie can keep his over-hyped go-kart racing across the pond forever as far as I, and most Americans, care.
You just don't get it, do you? O.K.
I give. You win, you are correct. I am sorry everyone. I am a maroon. Let's put it all in the Nascar kitty. Forget about International volume growth. Who's cares.

drewed

Shankman
I give. You win, you are correct. I am sorry everyone. I am a maroon. Let's put it all in the Nascar kitty. Forget about International volume growth. Who's cares.

i agree, i dont think we need to do nascar and nhra, we could do nascar and friend-1 just for exposure

upsdude

From UPS'ers ....................

Changes to UPS's Sponsorship of Vandergriff Motorsports
UPS has enjoyed three years as sponsor of the Vandergriff Motorsports team.

Since 2006, UPS has been the primary sponsor of the Top Fuel dragster piloted by Bob Vandergriff, Jr. in the POWERade Drag Racing Series.

While the sponsorship has been beneficial, UPS announced today that it will not continue its role as a team sponsor in NHRA competition at the conclusion of the 2008 season. This was a tough decision following a thorough review of our sponsorship platforms.

We have enjoyed a tremendous relationship with Vandergriff Motorsports and wish Bob and the team much success in the future.

upsdude

I get it. When UPS sees value in F1, they'll get involved. When they no longer see value in Nascar, they'll be gone.

govols019

You smell that?

I get the fact that you are an open wheel fanboy. That's a point you have made abundantly clear.

Cementups

Box Monkey
we do sponsor other racing efforts on an international basis.

2458973440_aae40911c7.jpg

55andout?

Why do we embrace a sport that focuses on making left turns all the time? You would think we would want them making right turns instead.

JustTired

free at last.......
Once the corporate crowd has inundated the sport with "sponsor this, sponsor that" to the point that it pretty much ruins the sport and turns off the fan-base, they will move on to the next "sport of the month".

I believe I was watching a college football game Sat. and now someone is sponsoring the yellow line that shows where the first down marker is. Sponsorship is a great and necessary thing. But when you sponsor every single microscopic part of an event, it becomes laughable. Now excuse me while I go take a Charmin "pause for the cause" in my American Standard/Lowes/Moen/Sylvania bathroom.

Note to those companies listed above: You can PM me for mailing address of residuals checks.

Last edited: