Non report accident

Brown3292

I have a fellow co worker who was terminated for a non report that happened 2 days ago. He said that he backed into a gate code posted and didn't know until he delivered the package to the owner. He said that he gave the home owner his hub number and his name and employee number and planned on finishing his route before reporting the incident. By the time he got off he went to speak with the sup but the sup stated that he knew and would talk to him in the morning. He came in the next day and was terminated. He has no other prior accidents and was wondering what will happen

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
he / you should of called the center and reported it as soon as possible , if on probation, your probably gone , if seniority, you'll be spanked depending on who you are Good luck ,, report everything

Brown3292

he / you should of called the center and reported it as soon as possible , if on probation, your probably gone , if seniority, you'll be spanked depending on who you are Good luck ,, report everything
Naw we went thru integrad together and I told him to just report to the union file an grivence and they should let him know the process and of course I still have a job lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown3292

That is what I told him but I also told him to go to the union and fill a grivence and they will let him know the process

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a fellow co worker who was terminated for a non report that happened 2 days ago. He said that he backed into a gate code posted and didn't know until he delivered the package to the owner. He said that he gave the home owner his hub number and his name and employee number and planned on finishing his route before reporting the incident. By the time he got off he went to speak with the sup but the sup stated that he knew and would talk to him in the morning. He came in the next day and was terminated. He has no other prior accidents and was wondering what will happen

It’s you isn’t it?

If not how does this effect you?

Est.1998

I never said effect me and I told him about brown cafe but he was too embarrassed to get on here and ask because he felt that others would clown him

It doesn't he's just too embarrassed to ask on here bc he felt ppl would clown him
A lot of things we go through at UPS is a case by case basis.
I know people who got into accidents, didn't report them, and was fired with a few months off (no pay).
Depending on how badly he wants to work here, he's going to have to fight for a good while.
I don't see how he can grieve the fact he didn't report it right away though.
Especially with witnesses too.

ManInBrown

Is your “fellow co-worker stupid? You immediately report an accident. You don’t do anything else.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Tell your friend to contact your shop steward or the union hall. In your story you said he gave the home owner the number to the center and his employee ID. His argument should be that he fully intended to report the accident otherwise he would never have given this information to the home owner. He was grief stricken over the prospect of losing his job and maybe was trying to figure out a way to pay for the damage himself. Good luck.