NorCal Retirement

Quilltr

I'm in Central States. Just retired after 41 years. 6 PT. It get a pension of $4367 a month. Someone from NorCal is bragging that he makes that with 22 years +8 PT. Is the NorCal pension really that much higher? Can someone post your scale? I kinda feel cheated.

542thruNthru

I'm in Central States. Just retired after 41 years. 6 PT. It get a pension of $4367 a month. Someone from NorCal is bragging that he makes that with 22 years +8 PT. Is the NorCal pension really that much higher? Can someone post your scale? I kinda feel cheated.
We have PEER 80 in the West. You can retire when your years of service and age equal 80.

Though unlike most pensions. Ours is not a set amount after a certain amount of years. We get hourly contributions up to 2080 hours.

I know NorCal has a pretty good pension as does the rest of the west. $4367 is possible but it would depend on the number of hours he worked those 8 PT years.

well I'm sure your cost of living is nowhere near the cost of living in California

Quilltr

We have PEER 80 in the West. You can retire when your years of service and age equal 80.

Though unlike most pensions. Ours is not a set amount after a certain amount of years. We get hourly contributions up to 2080 hours.

I know NorCal has a pretty good pension as does the rest of the west. $4367 is possible but it would depend on the number of hours he worked those 8 PT years.
Thank you! That's a very good pension.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is that 41 years full time PLUS 6 PT? Anyway you look at it consider yourself lucky to get that much.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Be grateful with your 4367..I know of a UPS Teamster retiree who left last February with only 2250 who had over 50 full time years.

Long Story that no ones cares about anyway...

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
It's all going to depend on your retirement elections (spousal benefit, death benefits, etc). I'm in NorCal, and with 28 years FT and 3 years PT I was offered $4416 as my highest highest payment with no spousal benefit and having a reduction at 62. The real bonus I got was $0 retirement healthcare for both myself and my wife. Nevermind all the scribble, that was the guy from the pension office explaining all my options at the appointment. I received a little more than what these estimates showed as I worked longer than this page projected, but retired at age 49.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 138

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's all going to depend on your retirement elections (spousal benefit, death benefits, etc). I'm in NorCal, and with 28 years FT and 3 years PT I was offered $4416 as my highest highest payment with no spousal benefit and having a reduction at 62. The real bonus I got was $0 retirement healthcare for both myself and my wife. Nevermind all the scribble, that was the guy from the pension office explaining all my options at the appointment. I received a little more than what these estimates showed as I worked longer than this page projected, but retired at age 49.

Just curious....What would a 11 year part time and a 33 full timer ..66 year old retiree clear in the Nor Cal pension? Just asking for friend...