Not allowed to bid on Vacant Routes?

22.4_Combo_Man

Hello everyone, new forum user here. I'm curious to know if 22.4s like me are allowed to bid on vacant routes? I was trying to bid on a posted permanent route that has opened up in our center (there are several posted), but I was told by my union steward that 22.4s won't be allowed to bid on these routes, and that only RCPDs can bid on them.... is this true?

Thanks for your help on this issue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hello everyone, new forum user here. I'm curious to know if 22.4s like me are allowed to bid on vacant routes? I was trying to bid on a posted permanent route that has opened up in our center (there are several posted), but I was told by my union steward that 22.4s won't be allowed to bid on these routes, and that only RCPDs can bid on them.... is this true?

Thanks for your help on this issue.
Is it a M-friend route?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What does it say on the bid sheet?
Does it say “22.4’s can’t sign this bid sheet?”
No?
Then sign the goddang thing, what are you waiting for? You won’t win the bid anyway. Get used to this feeling

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
When a position comes open here you're not bidding on a route you're bidding on a position. Then at the beginning of the year you get the bid on a route
His place may be different I don't know
Here there’s bid sheets for 22.4 jobs all the time. They come and go like crazy. They don’t even put up RPCD bid sheets anymore (what I signed). They just promote the 22.4’s. A couple of them had to do packets to qualify even though they were already 22.4’s.
And our routes are lifetime bids so routes don’t come up very often except the same crappy ones over and over that guys take just to get a route and leave as soon as they get a better one. I just stayed cover until I got a decent one I actually like to do

Here there’s bid sheets for 22.4 jobs all the time. They come and go like crazy. They don’t even put up RPCD bid sheets anymore (what I signed). They just promote the 22.4’s. A couple of them had to do packets to qualify even though they were already 22.4’s.
And our routes are lifetime bids so routes don’t come up very often except the same crappy ones over and over that guys take just to get a route and leave as soon as they get a better one. I just stayed cover until I got a decent one I actually like to do
We don't have full-time cover drivers here
Like I said before every place is so different

newbie777

You know what’s funny man. Recently a 22.4 in my building was the only person to sign a bid. Worst route in the center. They gave him the route and he was automatically converted to RPCD!!!
This almost happened to me before they moved me to the new building. My center manager wanted and encouraged me to bid on a route nobody would sign. I meant he wasn’t going to take me off it anyway. Then we moved to a new building and I’m still a 22.4. :( But with much better routes than the :censored2: at the old center.