Not being paid for OT

Tower

Looking for input on how to deal with everything going on at my center. I have been a seasonal driver helper for the past 10 years and drove as a seasonal driver during peak for 2. I got hired as local sort in October of 2021 because I want the benefits to get some dental work done. I was not aware until a couple weeks ago that we are supposed to be getting paid OT after 5 hours worked every day and after 30 in a week. I had some 7.5 hour days back during December and was almost always going over 5 hours for over a month. There was not a single cent of overtime on my paycheck. I went to the union steward who got the main sup involved and their response was damn that's strange well you go back and print out all your hours and add them up and attach to corresponding paycheck. 1. I can't access but so far back to see my daily hours it only goes 2 months back I think. Paychecks I can see from the past 10 years but that doesn't have my daily hours worked. 2. I did my job was not paid correctly and my job is not to correct my pay. I've done as much as I can for my own records but basically just took screen shots. How do I get that money? Start filing grievances? I have already told everybody I can about it and nothing has happened for weeks. Also sups are constantly working at my center and nobody files we are always understaffed because of this. I sort all the packages up in the tower and there's always a sup that comes and helps me sort for atleast a couple hours because the volume is just to much. Should I start filing grievances for that to get some of my money back till I'm paid correctly? How often can I file and how much would I possibly be paid for filing on both these things...I just want my money and to be properly staffed. I don't hustle anymore just work at a safe steady pace. I am part of local union 509. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of the bs and nobody else is doing anything about it.

PT Car Washer

Looking for input on how to deal with everything going on at my center. I have been a seasonal driver helper for the past 10 years and drove as a seasonal driver during peak for 2. I got hired as local sort in October of 2021 because I want the benefits to get some dental work done. I was not aware until a couple weeks ago that we are supposed to be getting paid OT after 5 hours worked every day and after 30 in a week. I had some 7.5 hour days back during December and was almost always going over 5 hours for over a month. There was not a single cent of overtime on my paycheck. I went to the union steward who got the main sup involved and their response was damn that's strange well you go back and print out all your hours and add them up and attach to corresponding paycheck. 1. I can't access but so far back to see my daily hours it only goes 2 months back I think. Paychecks I can see from the past 10 years but that doesn't have my daily hours worked. 2. I did my job was not paid correctly and my job is not to correct my pay. I've done as much as I can for my own records but basically just took screen shots. How do I get that money? Start filing grievances? I have already told everybody I can about it and nothing has happened for weeks. Also sups are constantly working at my center and nobody files we are always understaffed because of this. I sort all the packages up in the tower and there's always a sup that comes and helps me sort for atleast a couple hours because the volume is just to much. Should I start filing grievances for that to get some of my money back till I'm paid correctly? How often can I file and how much would I possibly be paid for filing on both these things...I just want my money and to be properly staffed. I don't hustle anymore just work at a safe steady pace. I am part of local union 509. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of the bs and nobody else is doing anything about it.
Was your OT working only your PT job or was seasonal driving involved? Whenever you drive either as a seasonal or air you don't receive OT until after 8 hours in a day.

Tower

Sorry should have clarified that I was paid overtime whenever I was a driver or a helper after 8 hours. I have not been paid overtime after 5 hours since being hired part time on local sort which started in October 2021. So from October to current I haven't gotten any overtime pay. I can see my daily hours back to December 18th I think but that's it and no OT paid on any of the days I worked over 5 hours.

Tower

Was your OT working only your PT job or was seasonal driving involved? Whenever you drive either as a seasonal or air you don't receive OT until after 8 hours in a day.
The OT I'm missing is from the part time position which should be after 5 hours...when I was seasonal it was after 8 and I was paid for that.

From a Land Brown Under

Supervisors as far as the hub goes are always going to work when you aren’t looking. That one is one to not work yourself over too much or you’ll drive yourself mad. Just make sure you document and include times where they work and what not and file accordingly. It is a peculiar position. I asked about this recently here and as long as management is calling people for extra work to come in and exhausting all options, they show the steward and then they can actually help without having a Art 3 sect 7 applying due to them showing a good faith effort. I say peculiar position because if places are going to be short staffed for awhile, something needs to be done about the language for supervisors working in my opinion. They’ll just keep getting away with it now.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Sorry should have clarified that I was paid overtime whenever I was a driver or a helper after 8 hours. I have not been paid overtime after 5 hours since being hired part time on local sort which started in October 2021. So from October to current I haven't gotten any overtime pay. I can see my daily hours back to December 18th I think but that's it and no OT paid on any of the days I worked over 5 hours.
I've found that they bounce people around from code to code in efforts to accidentally steal your money earned thru technicality if you aren't on top of it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You sure about the OT after 5? What does your supplement say?

Labelflipper

Like Wally said, it depends on your supplement. We were told the same thing it was OT after 5 hours, but it wasn't in our supplement, so we don't get OT after 5 hours. I did see that some places do though.

Superteeth2478

Supervisors as far as the hub goes are always going to work when you aren’t looking. That one is one to not work yourself over too much or you’ll drive yourself mad. Just make sure you document and include times where they work and what not and file accordingly. It is a peculiar position. I asked about this recently here and as long as management is calling people for extra work to come in and exhausting all options, they show the steward and then they can actually help without having a Art 3 sect 7 applying due to them showing a good faith effort. I say peculiar position because if places are going to be short staffed for awhile, something needs to be done about the language for supervisors working in my opinion. They’ll just keep getting away with it now.
Depends on the strength of the local leadership. Exhausting all options is actually pretty hard to do in reality, and it's hard for the company to say they are doing so when they usually cut part-time hourlies early and then have supervisors continue to work. I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case almost everywhere.

Tower

You sure about the OT after 5? What does your supplement say?
Yes I'm sure I talked to my supervisor and steward about it and both said it was correct that I was supposed to being paid OT after 5 hours. Nothing has been fixed tho. Other employees are being OT after 5 hours.

Tower

Depends on the strength of the local leadership. Exhausting all options is actually pretty hard to do in reality, and it's hard for the company to say they are doing so when they usually cut part-time hourlies early and then have supervisors continue to work. I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case almost everywhere.
Last night the sups told us all to leave when there was still 10-15 minutes of work left....I'm usually one of the last local sort employees to leave at night after the sort is done.

542thruNthru

Looking for input on how to deal with everything going on at my center. I have been a seasonal driver helper for the past 10 years and drove as a seasonal driver during peak for 2. I got hired as local sort in October of 2021 because I want the benefits to get some dental work done. I was not aware until a couple weeks ago that we are supposed to be getting paid OT after 5 hours worked every day and after 30 in a week. I had some 7.5 hour days back during December and was almost always going over 5 hours for over a month. There was not a single cent of overtime on my paycheck. I went to the union steward who got the main sup involved and their response was damn that's strange well you go back and print out all your hours and add them up and attach to corresponding paycheck. 1. I can't access but so far back to see my daily hours it only goes 2 months back I think. Paychecks I can see from the past 10 years but that doesn't have my daily hours worked. 2. I did my job was not paid correctly and my job is not to correct my pay. I've done as much as I can for my own records but basically just took screen shots. How do I get that money? Start filing grievances? I have already told everybody I can about it and nothing has happened for weeks.
Go in early to your sups office. Inform them that you can only go back so far. That you need him to print out your time cards from up till the date you can see back to. Do not leave that day till someone prints them. Wether it be before or after work. If they refuse then call your local either then or when the office opens depend on your shift. (803) 796-6172 speak with your BA and tell him/her how you're trying to correct a payroll issue and management is refusing to cooperate.

Yes you'll be filing a grievance under article 17 NMA, article 63 AASA and all applicable.
Also sups are constantly working at my center and nobody files we are always understaffed because of this. I sort all the packages up in the tower and there's always a sup that comes and helps me sort for atleast a couple hours because the volume is just to much. Should I start filing grievances for that to get some of my money back till I'm paid correctly? How often can I file and how much would I possibly be paid for filing on both these things...I just want my money and to be properly staffed. I don't hustle anymore just work at a safe steady pace. I am part of local union 509. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of the bs and nobody else is doing anything about it.
You can file a grievance every day a sup works or you can file weekly. Make sure if you do file you're not standing around watching. Take a quick note of time and date. See who's around as a witness and speak with them during break or after. Make sure you have witness and times/dates. Then fill out the grievance off the clock.

Article 3.7 NMA and all applicable
Grievances have time limits and generally so do payroll errors. Call and speak to your BA.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Go in early to your sups office. Inform them that you can only go back so far. That you need him to print out your time cards from up till the date you can see back to. Do not leave that day till someone prints them. Wether it be before or after work. If they refuse then call your local either then or when the office opens depend on your shift. (803) 796-6172 speak with your BA and tell him/her how you're trying to correct a payroll issue and management is refusing to cooperate.

Yes you'll be filing a grievance under article 17 NMA, article 63 AASA and all applicable.

You can file a grievance every day a sup works or you can file weekly. Make sure if you do file you're not standing around watching. Take a quick note of time and date. See who's around as a witness and speak with them during break or after. Make sure you have witness and times/dates. Then fill out the grievance off the clock.

Article 3.7 NMA and all applicable

Grievances have time limits and generally so do payroll errors. Call and speak to your BA.
0B3E122D-015F-42F2-8CE5-F72AA6F0FE46.gif