Not Eligible for Rehire.. (No reason, not fired, laid off i guess, seasonal worked hard)

Hi everyone, i really liked the job, and i worked last year during christmas time. I really worked hard and loved it! I wasn't warned about any issues or anything and all seemed to be going well. I kept showing up until one of the managers said they had to let me go. I asked why, and he didn't give much of a reason other then hints at Seniority. I left upset, but without an issue, he actually told me to reapply, which is where the problem comes in.

Everytime i reapply online i get this message exactly...
thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire.

Is this an error? I just don't understand what I did wrong here.. that is all, thanks for your time.

turq

Christmas help is seasonal. It is not a permanent job. Its not so much they let you go, it's just that the job ended. They do bring some people back in January, but not many. As for the error message, try and contact someone at HR, or in the building you worked in. Sounds like it just an error or something

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Try FedEx? no union or dues/fees which is a perk. Also because of no union, you will have a higher wage to start. The UPS part time poverty wages negotiated by the union is a joke. the work aspect is basically the same.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Try FedEx? no union or dues/fees which is a perk. Also because of no union, you will have a higher wage to start. The UPS part time poverty wages negotiated by the union is a joke.

A few more bucks on the hour, hardly compares to what UPS pays in

Health and Welfare, plus Pension contributions. FedEx is his better option now.

teeitupmo

Someone else mentions this and I agree.

Perhaps your work ethic or mistakes were made. Some people in their own mind, think they are working hard, but it may not meet UPS’s expectations.

Trust me, seasonal help or not, if you work your ass off, you do good work, and you meet or exceed their package counts, they will try to keep you around. They would most certainly not flag you as a “no rehire.”

My two cents...

KoennenTiger

Apply for guard shack attendant .

You still have guards in the guard shack? We just have a sign that says "cameras are still on and yard control still applies". Guard shack attendants cost money. What you think money is like toilet paper? Btw no more toilet paper either bring your own from home what do you think money is like air?

You still don't have to bring your own air but no, no we are not turning on the fans in the morning when every driver starts their truck to leave. You'll need to have brought your own canned air during this time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The automated system only allows for one application per person.
You will need to do it the old fashion way, marry your former manager's child.

clean hairy

Hi everyone, i really liked the job, and i worked last year during christmas time. I really worked hard and loved it! I wasn't warned about any issues or anything and all seemed to be going well. I kept showing up until one of the managers said they had to let me go. I asked why, and he didn't give much of a reason other then hints at Seniority. I left upset, but without an issue, he actually told me to reapply, which is where the problem comes in.

thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire.

Is this an error? I just don't understand what I did wrong here.. that is all, thanks for your time.
Did you ever complain about the hours?
Did you ever call in amd miss days?
Did you show up on time every day?
Did you ever talk back to anyone in management, o4 complain about how much work you were given?

bambino

The “No Rehire” thing can only be reversed by the supervisor that applied it.

Not correct.

Andrew, go to this link. UPS Careers: Profile Assistant
Place an inquiry of why you think you should be rehired and why you left UPS in the first place. HR will review your inquiry and decide to give you a rehire status or not. I too was on the no rehire list after being a seasonal worker. After placing an inquiry I was taken off the no rehire list two weeks later and got back on. Best of luck