Not getting enough hours for full pension

Moneythehardway

So what happens or what do you do when you are not getting enough hours to qualify for full pension? I was just going over the contract, I am part time, and it states we need at least 750 hours a year to get full pension credit for the year. Well where i work I and others average between 12 to 15 hours a week especially the unloaders as they are the first to go home. With an average of say 13 hours a week that's 676 hours for a full 52 weeks. Or even on the high end of 15 hours a week that equates to 780 hours for a full 52 weeks, so basically little to no room for error/days off. What do we do if there is no other work to do to get more hours to fulfill the minimum 750 hours (For parttimers) for full pension credit?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So what happens or what do you do when you are not getting enough hours to qualify for full pension? I was just going over the contract, I am part time, and it states we need at least 750 hours a year to get full pension credit for the year. Well where i work I and others average between 12 to 15 hours a week especially the unloaders as they are the first to go home. With an average of say 13 hours a week that's 676 hours for a full 52 weeks. Or even on the high end of 15 hours a week that equates to 780 hours for a full 52 weeks, so basically little to no room for error/days off. What do we do if there is no other work to do to get more hours to fulfill the minimum 750 hours (For parttimers) for full pension credit?
you know you are guranteed 3 and half hours right

Demand your hours.

trickpony1

Riddle me this:
Who do you think pays the PT pension?
In my area it's the company.

Connect the dots.
Would the company actually stoop so low as to deprive a PT'er his pension by cutting his hours?

Draw your own conclusions.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Remember you should get a big bump during peak season which should put yourself past 750 hours to receive a full year of credit. 15 hours a week seems awful low. Are you in a very small building? Maybe you should sign up for extra work or switch to a different area inside your building to get yourself some more hours.

Dough99

Work more hours

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Remember you should get a big bump during peak season which should put yourself past 750 hours to receive a full year of credit. 15 hours a week seems awful low. Are you in a very small building? Maybe you should sign up for extra work or switch to a different area inside your building to get yourself some more hours.

If he asks for his 3.5 and works most of the time he won’t have any problem getting 750

Package Stick

"Send it."
I get my 3.5 no problem.

Sups tried to tell me they're doing me a favor letting me go home, I got the steward and they :censored2:ed off. Now I get 5 hours easy, just get yo steward.

Returntosender

I get my 3.5 no problem.

Sups tried to tell me they're doing me a favor letting me go home, I got the steward and they :censored2:ed off. Now I get 5 hours easy, just get yo steward.
Since the raises they cutting hours all pt 4 max. You must do post sort. I anticipate they will cut your 5 to 4 once they hire and train more people in your qualifications area

Package Stick

"Send it."
they dont have to give you 5
I'm double shifting, we can't get people. Half the night sort quit after the last rider got ratified, high seniority people are going on vacation. I've been getting 35-40 hours.

We've got management whipped with grievances at the moment, they don't like paying sup working grievances here. A 30+ PTer on night files every time he sees a supervisor working, that's how he buys his rentals lol.