Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server on Monday and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Not in the Union - 9 months in?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by AndrewK, Oct 6, 2019.

1. AndrewK

AndrewK Member

Ive been working at ups for 9 months now, and ive noticed on all my paystubs that im not paying any union dues as deductions. Is this normal? I wanted to know if i was in the union or not

2. OZ 2021

OZ 2021 Member

What local are you in?

3. AndrewK

AndrewK Member

I have no idea, I'm in Canada

4. OZ 2021

OZ 2021 Member

I would look up what local and call the union hall.

5. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

This. But be prepared to pay all dues owed since they weren’t taken. Highly suggest setting up a ‘payment plan’ with the union so they don’t take your entire pay for possibly a couple weeks if you’re PT inside.

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Ask people you know who the Shop Steward is. He/she should be able to help you.

Also when mistakes like this happen and you seek out your union to make it right. They sometimes will waive passed dues. I know mine has many times.

7. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Exact situation happened to me. I was hired onto preload, worked 6 months there, passed packet and made FT driver. About 6 months into driving I got my benefits pkg....then looked into it and realized that I had not payed a single cent of union dues up to that point. Called my BA who had just left our building as a steward and he took care of it right away and didn’t charge me any back dues. Just make a couple calls, man. Sometimes stuff slips through the cracks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. 542thruNthru

My BA told me we have a member that didn't realize he wasn't paying dues for 9 years. How he didn't realize that I have no idea.

9. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Our "BA" allows people to not join the union as long as they choose not to. Doesn't care as long as he has enough dues coming in to cover his inflated salary.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's Canada . Free healthcare and free union representation!! Ehhhh

11. 542thruNthru

That's impossible. @UpstateNYUPSer would never allow that.

12. What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes- he was a strong union man. Lol.

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Upstate was a guy?!

14. What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes, but I'm not certain what he identifies as. Lol.

15. CRG817

CRG817 New Member

Same issue been with ups 2 years now. Day of my 2 year mark my pay was cut so i went digging come to find out no union dues. In thinking i remember giving my papaerwork to my trainer couple days after i started working in hubhub. Ive received benefits and just all else that comes with union so i figured im inin. Scared to point out this cause then my papaerwork just disappeared 2 years ago...