Not in the Union - 9 months in?

AndrewK

Ive been working at ups for 9 months now, and ive noticed on all my paystubs that im not paying any union dues as deductions. Is this normal? I wanted to know if i was in the union or not

WTFm8

I would look up what local and call the union hall.

This. But be prepared to pay all dues owed since they weren’t taken. Highly suggest setting up a ‘payment plan’ with the union so they don’t take your entire pay for possibly a couple weeks if you’re PT inside.

542thruNthru

Ive been working at ups for 9 months now, and ive noticed on all my paystubs that im not paying any union dues as deductions. Is this normal? I wanted to know if i was in the union or not

I have no idea, I'm in Canada

Ask people you know who the Shop Steward is. He/she should be able to help you.

Also when mistakes like this happen and you seek out your union to make it right. They sometimes will waive passed dues. I know mine has many times.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Exact situation happened to me. I was hired onto preload, worked 6 months there, passed packet and made FT driver. About 6 months into driving I got my benefits pkg....then looked into it and realized that I had not payed a single cent of union dues up to that point. Called my BA who had just left our building as a steward and he took care of it right away and didn’t charge me any back dues. Just make a couple calls, man. Sometimes stuff slips through the cracks

CRG817

Same issue been with ups 2 years now. Day of my 2 year mark my pay was cut so i went digging come to find out no union dues. In thinking i remember giving my papaerwork to my trainer couple days after i started working in hubhub. Ive received benefits and just all else that comes with union so i figured im inin. Scared to point out this cause then my papaerwork just disappeared 2 years ago...