Notice: Central States Operations Will Continue During Partial Office Worker Strike

crazyeyes

This is a copy of an email I got

Dear Participants,

On March 15, a Teamsters Local 743 bargaining unit consisting of approximately 380 Central States Funds office workers went on strike.

Central States and the bargaining unit’s representatives have been engaged in contract negotiations since April 2018. On March 14, Central States made a Last, Best and Final offer that it believes was fair and reasonable. The Union’s negotiating committee recommended that the bargaining unit accept Central States’ offer. Despite the negotiating committee’s endorsement, the bargaining unit voted to reject the offer by a vote of 180 to 171.

Our goal is to always provide the highest quality service to our members, Local Unions and contributing Employers. While Call Center wait times may increase during the strike, Central States will strive to continue operations with no disruption in administering healthcare benefits, paying pension benefits and collecting employer contributions. However, due to our reduced staffing, we will only be able to handle urgent and critical matters on the phones. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We hope to arrive at a mutually agreeable contract with the bargaining unit as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Thomas C. Nyhan
Executive Director
Central States Funds

crazyeyes

This is from the Teamcare website
Notice: Central States Operations Will Continue During Partial Office Worker Strike
  • Home
  • News
  • Notice: Central States Operations Will Continue During Partial Office Worker Strike
FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2019

On March 15, a Teamsters Local 743 bargaining unit consisting of approximately 380 Central States Funds office workers went on strike.

Central States and the bargaining unit’s representatives have been engaged in contract negotiations since April 2018. On March 14, Central States made a Last, Best and Final offer that it believes was fair and reasonable. Even though the Union’s negotiating committee endorsed the offer, the bargaining unit voted to reject it by a vote of 180 to 171.

Our goal is to always provide the highest quality service to our members, Local Unions and contributing Employers. While Call Center wait times may increase during the strike, Central States will strive to continue operations with no disruption in administering healthcare benefits, paying pension benefits and collecting employer contributions. However, due to our reduced staffing, we will only be able to handle urgent and critical matters on the phones. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Questions can be submitted via our secure message center by logging in now.

We appreciate your patience during this time. We hope to arrive at a mutually agreeable contract with the bargaining unit as soon as possible.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is a copy of an email I got

Dear Participants,

Central States and the bargaining unit’s representatives have been engaged in contract negotiations since April 2018. On March 14, Central States made a Last, Best and Final offer that it believes was fair and reasonable. The Union’s negotiating committee recommended that the bargaining unit accept Central States’ offer. Despite the negotiating committee’s endorsement, the bargaining unit voted to reject the offer by a vote of 180 to 171.

We hope to arrive at a mutually agreeable contract with the bargaining unit as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Thomas C. Nyhan
Executive Director
Central States Funds

This is from the Teamcare website
  • Home
  • News
  • Notice: Central States Operations Will Continue During Partial Office Worker Strike
FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2019

Central States and the bargaining unit’s representatives have been engaged in contract negotiations since April 2018. On March 14, Central States made a Last, Best and Final offer that it believes was fair and reasonable. Even though the Union’s negotiating committee endorsed the offer, the bargaining unit voted to reject it by a vote of 180 to 171.

Questions can be submitted via our secure message center by logging in now.

We appreciate your patience during this time. We hope to arrive at a mutually agreeable contract with the bargaining unit as soon as possible.

They put the UPS members to shame.... as far as voting participation.

browned out

How many Central State employees are part time working for a Teamster negotiated wage package that is barely above state and federal minimums, with no benefits for a year???

Apples and oranges....

You mean they are making more than $120 a week.

UPS Package Division will probably never reach the 50% threshold.

The Teamster Local clowns should have been outside the gates or even inside the UPS centers with lap top computers encouraging a vote.

They knew it would not reach 50%

F

Frankie's Friend

How many Central State employees are part time working for a Teamster negotiated wage package that is barely above state and federal minimums, with no benefits for a year???

Apples and oranges....
Sorry, I didnt read your post before posting.

F

Frankie's Friend

You mean they are making more than $120 a week.

UPS Package Division will probably never reach the 50% threshold.

The Teamster Local clowns should have been outside the gates or even inside the UPS centers with lap top computers encouraging a vote.

They knew it would not reach 50%
They figured it done after the strike vote %s were realized.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Haven't you espoused the "big" talk of wanting to become an elected Union leader ?

How would you handle all the criticism, of never doing anything right ?

brownIEman

Interesting. Is the employer here trying to get concessions that the labor members do not agree to? The employer is clearly a failing institution, financially speaking, so it would seem some concessions would be in order.

browned out

Haven't you espoused the "big" talk of wanting to become an elected Union leader ?

How would you handle all the criticism, of never doing anything right ?

I would take full responsibility; and not blame or threaten the members.

If I were responsible for this garbage 22.4 position and it results in RPCDs not getting enough hours for a full years pension credit while 22.4s do; I would resign. I would have failed the entire membership.

Every Single RPCD should have the right to reach 1801 hours before a single 22.4 does.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would take full responsibility; and not blame or threaten the members.

If I were responsible for this garbage 22.4 position and it results in RPCDs not getting enough hours for a full years pension credit while 22.4s do; I would resign. I would have failed the entire membership.

Every Single RPCD should have the right to reach 1801 hours before a single 22.4 does.

You still don't know what articles of the Central region apply ?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I can guarantee the voting numbers would be a lot higher if it was a simple majority to win...

Doubt it.

Because it is a simple majority to win "if" the voting numbers are high enough.

Wouldn't you think that would get more people to vote? To hit that 50% to make it a simple majority?

We will be on strike right now if it were worded as a simple majority rather than all this other garbage.

No we wouldn't.

I agree. But that would have defeated the prime directive.

How many are part timers that have no insurance and get $10 an hour? With a 3.5 hr guarantee?

I know a lot are transient and don't care, or are not informed, but this would not be an issue if they voted.

But the teamster leadership does not want them to vote, so there are no attempts to educate them about how they can control the entire contract, with their vote.