Notorious R.B.G. dead at 87 - Replace her before January 17th, 2021?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This lady will let her cult dictate what she sees as constitutional. Not a great judicial philosophy unless you want to live in a theocracy.
Can you give an example among her many rulings that indicate that? Or are you just crying like all the other leftists because a constitutional conservative will replace Ruthie?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Her confirmation will be similar of how Christians were dealt with in those colosseums.

Deny your faith, bow to Caesar and you may live..
Doubtfully! She will rule on upcoming lawsuits in a manner consistent with the Constitution, legislative laws and stare decisis!

Stare decisis is Latin for “to stand by things decided.” In short, it is the doctrine of precedent.

Last edited:

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I wonder how the respective parties would feel about a devout, hijab-wearing fundamentalist Muslim woman being nominated?

Because that would pretty much be the same thing

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Doubtfully! She will rule on upcoming lawsuits in a manner consistent with the Constitution, legislative laws and stare decisis!

Stare decisis is Latin for “to stand by things decided.” In short, it is the doctrine of precedent.

It might be a smart move for the dims to leave this confirmation play out, could be a lose/lose situation if they verbally attack or smear a smart capable woman who follows her convictions and Christian beliefs just prior to the elections.

Whether they will do it is another story, most of the democratic senators want their 15 minutes of fame and air time to promote their chances of another term or higher office.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You’re such an obvious troll 😂
1598847976468.jpg

It will be fine

It might be a smart move for the dims to leave this confirmation play out, could be a lose/lose situation if they verbally attack or smear a smart capable woman who follows her convictions and Christian beliefs just prior to the elections.

Whether they will do it is another story, most of the democratic senators want their 15 minutes of fame and air time to promote their chances of another term or higher office.
They just have to show that her convictions lead to government mandated child birth and the elimination of health insurance for millions of Americans. That’s why the right wing is demonstrating their complete lack of shame in forcing through the nomination in historically short order. The goal is taking away health insurance and imposing their religious will on the population.

fishtm2001

I would like to be in the room when Cryin Kev is slurring his words and Barrett is speaking in tongues while trying to debate the other justices. Hopefully S&L is working up a skit.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They just have to show that her convictions lead to government mandated child birth and the elimination of health insurance for millions of Americans. That’s why the right wing is demonstrating their complete lack of shame in forcing through the nomination in historically short order. The goal is taking away health insurance and imposing their religious will on the population.

The above statement:

Was Paid For by Planned Parenthood...

(And do not reflect the views or opinions on this site)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I doubt he could even give a response.
Most likely it would be, "WTF, I never said that, It's Bush's fault, he nominated me."

This clown is Chief Justice. Amazing.
I can honestly say it makes more sense than some of his opinions.
One thing I have noticed over the years with Roberts and the SCOTUS as a whole is they vote to protect the rights and freedoms of the individual. This causes them to seesaw back and forth by viewers that perceive them and the SCOTUS to be a political process.
As long as they protect the rights and freedoms of the individual, I don't give a friend:censored2:k what some political rag thinks.