Now and Then

Big Babooba

1978 - The mechanic gripes, "We have a fleet of Fords in this building, that's built in job security!"

2007 - it's "Bring back the Fords, all this new stuff is nothing but sh/t!:poop::poop::poop:

Big Babooba

No Big, I did not go.
Not to get sappy, but it was the year I was looking at my brother in a hospital bed at Balboa Naval Hospital. He did 2 tours as a Marine and was hit just before he was to come home on a 30 day leave to get married and then go back for a 3rd tour.
He knew I was going to join and try to and kick someones ass. He made promise that I would not. I kept that promise, even though I came very close to breaking it.
He spent a year in the hospital and should not have lived or have ever been able to walk.
Spent Thanksgiving Day with him and his two sons and his first granddaughter.
He ain't lean, nor is he mean, but he is still a Marine.
PAX
That had to be tough.

local804

1980- Center has 35 drivers, 3 sups with driving experience, center manager who worked up the ranks.
2007- Center has 70 drivers, ex LP sup, ex IE sup with no driving experience, center manager= degree in business, never had a dot card.

Big Babooba

1978 - Part timers turn over rate was low because they were well paid.

2008 - Part timers are gone before the ink dries on the employment application.

cino321

1978 - Part timers turn over rate was low because they were well paid.

2008 - Part timers are gone before the ink dries on the employment application.

Past - Application was completed with ink and paper.

2008 - Ink? Paper? Costs too much; let's use the internet to complicate things and cut costs.

Fnix

Past - Application was completed with ink and paper.

2008 - Ink? Paper? Costs too much; let's use the internet to complicate things and cut costs.

I think they use the internet to spare people having to come in and waste gas/time. I just used it to check off a few things. I dont remember ever filling out an actual app like other jobs where you put all the useless info. I just went in and showed the HR my License and filled out my Birthday, Name, Address and SS and was hired.

Paper and Ink does cost alot especially when you got as many people coming into UPS being hired and such. Why waste it on such a high turnover?