Now District Managers follow us here!

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date
D

dont want to be known

This is a new one!
Our building is used to Division managers, LP and Center Managers following us but now the District Manager is following with the Center Manager. We have even seen private detectives following us with camcorders. Whats up in Central Florida?

Channahon

Even District Managers need to get out of the office once in awhile. Could be they were out to lunch and decided to take an afternoon ride.
Ask your center manager what is going on, he/she should have the answer.

I don't think UPS would invest in using private investigators to use camcorders to observe drivers on route. Security has all the technology the district needs to monitor any situation, inside or outside of the building.

Now maybe, some Liberty Mutual people might be out there.

Could be an outside company taping for a training video, just might be all the drivers are doing a great job in auto accidents, injuries and claims. Or could be a video on how not to do a method, and then the proper method shown. You know training videos or CBT's.

Speculation on my part, but your best bet is to ask and have knowledge what is going on in Central Florida.

trickpony1

Channahon-
do you actually think the center manager, or any other management person, would share that classified information with a lowly driver?

LKLND3380

This is a new one!
Our building is used to Division managers, LP and Center Managers following us but now the District Manager is following with the Center Manager. We have even seen private detectives following us with camcorders. Whats up in Central Florida?

Where are you at in Central Florida? Our building went from being the model student (perfect score on Keter Audit) and last year we only had like 7 DART injuries for the whole bldg for the whole year. The number of auto accidents was a third of the numbers from 2006.

Since January we have had a lot of serious accidents. Driver flipped a truck, another injured by hit in rear had to get 26 stitches, and drunk guy on motorcycle ran into a driver and was killed.

On the preload we had a guy get knocked in the head when a stack of boxes fell... So if you are in Lakeland this could be the reason....

Now I have seen District Safety people standing behind billboards with video cameras taping drivers leaving the building.

Just call the police or sheriff and report a "Person of Interest" has been following you and video taping. Be sure to state that you have several thousand dollars worth of packages including computers and such and you do not feel safe being followed. Let the cops deal with the detectives/center manager/etc...:happy-very:

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Just call the police or sheriff and report a "Person of Interest" has been following you and video taping. Be sure to state that you have several thousand dollars worth of packages including computers and such and you do not feel safe being followed. Let the cops deal with the detectives/center manager/etc...:happy-very:

I think weve discussed this topic on here before and determined its not a good idea.1st you should call the center to advise you are being followed by a suspicious vehicle.THEN let the center know that you will be calling the police.This way they are aware of the situation and if they know your manager is following you they can advise you of such.(if they know,they might not be aware)

Channahon

Channahon-
do you actually think the center manager, or any other management person, would share that classified information with a lowly driver?

What classified information? Drivers are seeing management out and about, and have a right to know what is going on. Maybe, just maybe some info was given at a PCM and fell on deaf ears?

I know when I would go out and do observations with another Staff Manager, drivers may have been surprised to see us, but knew UPS management was on the street. And we even gave away UPS merchandise to recognize safe work and driving methods.

Just my experience while still working at UPS and I'll tell you, I enjoyed going out and network with drivers in my division. Even in crummy weather.

Tony31yrs

Years ago, our center used to hire off duty cops to work in loss prevention. They also fired one guy because they had his whole 2 hour lunch on tape with the time in the corner. Make sure you are following procedures and the whole thing will be just a waste of time for them.

Johney

Who cares who is watching or videotaping you, as long as you aren't where your not suppose to be and doing the job the way you were trained,then what can they say.

terrymac

thursday, I saw a liberty mutual mini van, with someone inside, with a lap top, at a very busy intersection, that has a lot of feeder traffic in memphis, tn. No problem with me, just kinda noticed him watching traffic, they prob. insure many companies

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was making a delivery in an office one time and I looked out the window and saw my center manager, the division manager, and our district manager all standing next to my truck. It puckered me up good, I couldnt imagine what the hell they could possibly want. I walked outside and found out what they wanted---directions to a local restraunt.:peaceful: My center manager thanked me later for having my bulkhead door shut, 4-ways on, shoes shined etc.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I was making a delivery in an office one time and I looked out the window and saw my center manager, the division manager, and our district manager all standing next to my truck. It puckered me up good, I couldnt imagine what the hell they could possibly want. I walked outside and found out what they wanted---directions to a local restraunt.:peaceful: My center manager thanked me later for having my bulkhead door shut, 4-ways on, shoes shined etc.

They should have invited you to lunch as a reward.

What classified information? Drivers are seeing management out and about, and have a right to know what is going on. Maybe, just maybe some info was given at a PCM and fell on deaf ears?

I know when I would go out and do observations with another Staff Manager, drivers may have been surprised to see us, but knew UPS management was on the street. And we even gave away UPS merchandise to recognize safe work and driving methods.

Just my experience while still working at UPS and I'll tell you, I enjoyed going out and network with drivers in my division. Even in crummy weather.
Please don't take the following statement as a slam against you, it is not.
Through your posts on here I have come to the conclusion that managers like you and Lifer are few and far between. Treating your employees as co-workers instead of "the others" created an atmosphere of tranquil co-operation between the "classes". In effect you lived in a world that most UPSers can only dream of. I would guess that 90% of the time when management is out with video cameras, it isn't a good thing.

New Englander

This is a new one!

I'd say they need to get some new detectives if you guys have so easily spotted them!

Griff

I'm right there with you on that one.

Though first Griff and now this guy......Griff is that you?

Apparently you are too ignorant to know the difference between a division manager and a district manager. Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. This coming from the same guy who also knows the job description and varying roles of a division manager. Shocking?

I have seen managers come out on area with a video recorder before. A lot of you fly under the radar for a variety of reasons, but anyone who defends the contract will be harassed to no end. Retaliation is the whole key here, right now we have a lot of nitwits on this board who strut around saying how they don't "need" to file grievances because they are such cunning linguists. What they aren't willing to admit is that they are downright fearful of the retaliation that comes along with stepping up to the plate. I know it, you know it and they know it.