NPR fires Juan Williams

clueless

I think it was goofy for him to even be on the view, and then days later Juan gets fired, Kind of a correlation there?

I'm sure there is a relationship between the 2 events--I suspect that it has alot to do with the assumption by those who supported the View 'walkout' that the action would trigger a backlash against O'Reilly and Fox News--instead it did exactly the opposite--even the show's host (Barbara Walters) kept taking the 2 'view walkers' to task and wouldn't backtrack and--worse yet--it caused O'Reilly's ratings to skyrocket. His show became not just the highest-rated cable news show, but highest rated show period righ after the View incident. Ha Ha. That must've surprised, disappointed, and disgusted the Far Left! Hence they acted like trapped animals lashing out mindlessly--thus the firing of Juan Williams. He clearly got caught in the crossfire.

But the reason given for the dismissal proves NPR and those who commiserate with them to be nothing but HYPOCRITES! Suddenly, they decide it's unacceptable to 'give an opinion on a controversial matter.' Not only unacceptable--but worthy of being fired! Ha Ha. Even hear Nina Totenberg? Bill Moyer? They cannot utter a single sentence without getting in a dig at those on the right with whom disagree as a matter of course. Yes, Hypocrisy with a capital 'H'!

bbsam

Staff member
Juan is exactly where he deserves to be and I am happy for him as well as happy to see NPR taking their image seriously, no matter what the backlash.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll be happy to see NPR lose any gov't funding and if they are so darned good, let them fly by the seat of their own pants.

bbsam

Staff member
I hope your happiness does not hinge on such a low probability. The Cleveland Browns would stand a better chance of beating New Orleans...Oh...well.... Your wish would stand far less chance than the Browns beating the Saints.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some congress people are already starting a bill. My happiness does not hinge on it.........I'm responsible for my own happiness.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'll be happy to see NPR lose any gov't funding and if they are so darned good, let them fly by the seat of their own pants.
They don't actually receive that much govt funding:
wikipedia said:
In 2009 NPR revenues totaled $164 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants, contributions and sponsorships.[14] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 40% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations to receive programming. Typically, NPR member stations raise funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, and grants from state governments, universities, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from local funding and 10% of their revenue from the federal funding in the form of CPB grants.[14][15] NPR receives no direct funding from the federal government.[16] About 1.5% of NPR's revenues come from Corporation for Public Broadcasting grants. During the 1970s and early 1980s, the majority of NPR funding came from the federal government. Steps were taken during the 1980s to completely wean NPR from government support, but the 1983 funding crisis forced the network to make immediate changes. More money to fund the NPR network was raised from listeners, charitable foundations and corporations instead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Awww, over, you took away my comment......I say that exact same thing to my daughter on the phone every day. It makes her laugh!