O r i o n ????$$$$

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I make a great deal of OT every day breaking off to make service on business stops in the 7-8000 sections, then coming back and resuming trace.

That has been my attitude of late. I delivered to a greenhouse at 1605 Friday and had to listen to a 15 minute diatribe from the owner about what time she gets her deliveries. It is unfortunate, but she lives in an add/cut area and could be on 1 of 3 different routes, depending on the day.

This woman had actually called in a complaint on me 10 years or so ago. I got there at 16:30 on a Friday and they were all locked up for the day. They live about 100 yards from the store, so I left the delivery in their garage. I reminded her of that call and she said, "I do not remember doing that."

I replied, "I remember it and all the area drivers know about it, that is why we NEVER deliver anything to your house if the greenhouse is closed. You have given us no easy way to get packages to you. You want before 10a delivery and every driver and manager has said that it is not possible, so instead of thinking of a solution, you demand what is not possible."

I added, "I covered a route for 4 years and their was a greenhouse on that route. I left stuff there all the time. Many times, it would be 6 or 7 deliveries before I saw someone to actually sign for a delivery. Did not matter, they got their stuff and they knew where I was leaving it. You are telling us, that we cannot leave things unless you sign and that we have to deliver to a greenhouse that is not on a defined route at a specific time."

Then, "You just told me that it has been like this for 10-15 years, but has gotten worse in the last 2-3. Unless you let us leave stuff somewhere where you look and is safe, I would predict the exact same thing for the next 10-15 years."

I could see the wind go out of her sails.

"So, what would you suggest???"

She said, "I'll take this and you have a good weekend. I'm sorry I got angry with you."

Nothing solved, 20 minutes of time wasted.

She has chewed out at least 7 drivers over the last year. She gets angry about 3 attempts, but gets angrier if we leave stuff.

Bah. It is on a route that I might do 5 more weeks this year, I need to quit thinking about it.

Sorry ma'am but your house and business have the same address. I'm required to leave all packages since this isnt a commercial address and don't have to be here at any specified time. Unless of course u want to order stuff NDA and your area has a commit time.

Good day

That's all she would of ever got out of me.

barnyard

KTM rider
Except now the business and house have different addresses. When the greenhouse is closed for the season, she addresses things to her house, but it still has the greenhouse name on it, so another driver and I both returned shipments as 'closed for the season.' She was mad that we did not deliver them to her house, where they were addressed. That was when I reminded her about the butt chewing that I got 10 years ago.

She was also mad that we do not have temp controlled trucks and she has received dead boxes of bedding plants because we attempted them 3 times before she was around and they froze.

Classic case of 'making a bed and having to sleep in it.'

OptimusPrime

Whats really frustrating about all of this is that if the company took (a) a few simple steps to reduce misloads and (b) made a few basic adjustments and improvements to PAS/EDD, they could easily achieve the results that they are hoping to realize through ORION at a mere fraction of the cost.

This! The problem is not PAS/EDD, it's middle management chasing ghost numbers, and essentially cooking the books. I almost religiously run the same split route. Get misloads everyday. But for no reason, my truck is not parked in the lineup with the routes on my split. So I get misloads 10 miles are more away. But with the number chasing, we can only have "x" number of missed stops, so almost on a daily basis I will spend an hour or more fighting rush hour traffic to get off 1, maybe two stops. One day I spent an hour and a half on one stop because they had me run off a misload in a snow storm during rush hour.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Except now the business and house have different addresses. When the greenhouse is closed for the season, she addresses things to her house, but it still has the greenhouse name on it, so another driver and I both returned shipments as 'closed for the season.' She was mad that we did not deliver them to her house, where they were addressed. That was when I reminded her about the butt chewing that I got 10 years ago.

She was also mad that we do not have temp controlled trucks and she has received dead boxes of bedding plants because we attempted them 3 times before she was around and they froze.

Classic case of 'making a bed and having to sleep in it.'

She seems like a really nice person.

barnyard

KTM rider
Not hot.
not hot
not hot

I will have a hard time not laughing a little next time I deliver there. Hard to say when that will be. I only cover 1 route in her area, I am on it next week, after that it could be a couple months before I am down that way.

screamin chicken

that might be the way they need to go with the Orion because in my center they pull my residentials off and give it to the next route that's 10 miles away, and I pick up residentials 10 miles away from me... very retarded

CharleyHustle

We have been designating stops as commercial or residential in our DIADs for a number of years now. So, can Orion tell the difference between residential and commercial stops?

rocket man

is there a lot of new work with diad because there setting up new plugs and other things at our check out desk? and can you deviate from ed or is it called ed any more.

balland chain

Feeders is almost as bad as package car.. It use to be so much better than packages but now the BS runs rampant there...GL...it all sucks now