Obama care

Chumpy

Have you seen the illegals that flood hospitals in California? That state is bankrupt because of it! The reason why ER's are so expensive is that they are REQUIRED by law to see that person and STABILIZE them only! To recoup costs by uninsured and illegals is the reason for the expensive visits. People like you and I PAY for this mess. Will Obamacare fix it? HARDLY! Anything the government does is break fixed things and make it worse. If surgery is required for a life or death situation they HAVE to do it by law. Lordtekk,I'm sure you've seen fundraisers by folks whose friend or relative need an operation. It's not life or death but urgent hence the fundraisers.
Remember the bombshell by Nancy Pelosi? "We have to pass this to see what's in it!" I do...Unbelievable!

vantexan

So if I have a cold I go to an emergency room ? I stub my toe,emergency room ? Ear Ache,emergency room ? Headache,emergency room ? Really ? That's the solution ? And why should I pay taxes for people who can go to a Doctor. Have you seen the prices of an emergency room ? It's enough to pay insurance for the person who went there for a year. Reminds of the homeless program in NYC,they will pay 3,000 a month for a ratty hotel room for a homeless family,but will only pay 500 bucks a month if they find an apartment. Makes sense ? No it doesn't but they still do it. Same thing with the emergency room scenario,on top of the wait. Oh and if they come in with something that needs major surgery,well you are out of luck because out on the street you go. And it happens regardless of the law,if everyone actually followed the law why would we have Police ?

If people start going to the doctor for every cold, stubbed toe, or ear ache they'll bankrupt the gov't soon enough. And you are just plain wrong about the major surgery. Person gets shot or is in a car accident they don't check to see if he can afford it first. Nitpick all you want, system isn't perfect, does need reform. Obamacare isn't the solution.

Lordtekk

Except Henry Reid can invoke cloture, the "nuclear option" at any time. Simple majority of one.
Please read the whole thing,it's apparent you have not. Nuclear option has never been done. The ultimate confrontation was prevented by the Gang of 14, a group of seven Democratic and seven Republican Senators, all of whom agreed to oppose the nuclear option and oppose filibusters of judicial nominees, except in extraordinary circumstances.

Lordtekk

People need to learn to pull themselves up from their bootstraps and do it for themselves. There are jobs out there but no one whats to do that kind of work. They would rather be mooching off the government for handouts...And yes, in my culture their are lots of those who want want and want more from the government but yet never ever want PR to become a state. Why, because they get FREE handouts and pay no taxes.....Very dissapointing....Have you ever been to PR during an election? They hate America because we want them to become a state. Is that what kind of mentality you want for the United States?
"If we are going to insist that people pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, we must ensure that they have boots."

Lordtekk

Have you seen the illegals that flood hospitals in California? That state is bankrupt because of it! The reason why ER's are so expensive is that they are REQUIRED by law to see that person and STABILIZE them only! To recoup costs by uninsured and illegals is the reason for the expensive visits. People like you and I PAY for this mess. Will Obamacare fix it? HARDLY! Anything the government does is break fixed things and make it worse. If surgery is required for a life or death situation they HAVE to do it by law. Lordtekk,I'm sure you've seen fundraisers by folks whose friend or relative need an operation. It's not life or death but urgent hence the fundraisers.
Remember the bombshell by Nancy Pelosi? "We have to pass this to see what's in it!" I do...Unbelievable!
Illegals ? Really ? Where are your facts ? Where are your statistics ? That is the reason California is bankrupt,really ? Has nothing to do that in order for the legislature to pass anything it has to be done on a 3/4 majority ? Nope it's the "illegals" in the emergency rooms bankrupting California. I am speechless,is this the 1940's ?

CAFAL

If people start going to the doctor for every cold, stubbed toe, or ear ache they'll bankrupt the gov't soon enough. And you are just plain wrong about the major surgery. Person gets shot or is in a car accident they don't check to see if he can afford it first. Nitpick all you want, system isn't perfect, does need reform. Obamacare isn't the solution.

It is the start though isn't it? Reform starts somewhere. If congress did it's job it can be reformed. This means both parties!

Goldilocks

"If we are going to insist that people pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, we must ensure that they have boots."

This is the problem. They need to provide their own bootstraps...... There are worker ants and those ants that get eaten....We must learn to provide for ourselves.

Goldilocks

Funny,so who are the people teaching him ? Where are they ? That's right they are pulling themselves up by bootstraps. I am done with this thread enjoy yourselves.

They can help themselves. People have come to America with NOTHING and have made a success of it. They dont think someone needs to help them..

bbsam

Staff member
This is the problem. They need to provide their own bootstraps...... There are worker ants and those ants that get eaten....We must learn to provide for ourselves.

Then why didn't you buy an RPS route 30 years ago and put your libertarian ideals front and center?

vantexan

Please read the whole thing,it's apparent you have not. Nuclear option has never been done. The ultimate confrontation was prevented by the Gang of 14, a group of seven Democratic and seven Republican Senators, all of whom agreed to oppose the nuclear option and oppose filibusters of judicial nominees, except in extraordinary circumstances.

Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it can't. Guarantee you that if cloture is what it took to get Obamacare passed they would have done it.

vantexan

It is the start though isn't it? Reform starts somewhere. If congress did it's job it can be reformed. This means both parties!

Obamacare is designed to destroy the healthcare insurance industry and give gov't control of a huge part of the economy and our lives. Bad start.

vantexan

Illegals ? Really ? Where are your facts ? Where are your statistics ? That is the reason California is bankrupt,really ? Has nothing to do that in order for the legislature to pass anything it has to be done on a 3/4 majority ? Nope it's the "illegals" in the emergency rooms bankrupting California. I am speechless,is this the 1940's ?

Alot of emergency rooms have been shut down in the Southwest due to illegals using them for all their medical needs. There was a Spanish radio station in California a few years ago that was advising illegals to call for ambulances to transport them to emergency rooms instead of cabs because the taxpayer would foot the ambulance bill. Transport for non-emergencies.

Let's show compassion and take care of people who truly need it. But remember even the biggest ships can sink if they take on too much weight.