El Correcto

god is dead
Republicans jumping on a sword to hurt immigrants. Goes both ways don't be so partisan.

Republicans and Democrats agree it's the other party's fault, and I agree with them both.
It doesn’t go both ways in my view, you use immigrants but they are illegals, in this country illegally. Shutting down the government for non citizens isn’t very smart in my opinion. Shutting down the government for serious immigration reform is. We need to fix chain migration, the lottery system and secure our borders. It’ll just put more strain on our unfunded ever expanding social safety net. Yet again what are they distracting from? You missed the point of this thread, this is an obama DOJ scandal. Hillary was in charge of the DOJ. Turning FISA on the political opposition is a huge misuse of the courts.

El Correcto

god is dead
We also need to get these daca people their citizenship in my opinion, but can’t just hand it over or we’ll be in this same situation without immigration reform.

El Correcto

god is dead
So you're against immigrants because they strain something else that you're against lol.

I don't need to scapegoat immigrants for our entitlement system problem.
That’s a good line, the simple fact is if we had open borders the poor uneducated mouths to feed and sick would flood our country in a heart beat.

vantexan

It doesn’t go both ways in my view, you use immigrants but they are illegals, in this country illegally. Shutting down the government for non citizens isn’t very smart in my opinion. Shutting down the government for serious immigration reform is. We need to fix chain migration, the lottery system and secure our borders. It’ll just put more strain on our unfunded ever expanding social safety net. Yet again what are they distracting from? You missed the point of this thread, this is an obama DOJ scandal. Hillary was in charge of the DOJ. Turning FISA on the political opposition is a huge misuse of the courts.
I agree with you except for the Hillary part. Loretta Lynch was in charge of the DOJ. Judging by Bill meeting Lynch at the airport in Phoenix the Clintons had real influence with her. But going to the FISA court was her call, probably asked for by Obama, but he's the only one above her, it was her call to make. Unless it was something Comey and FBI did without telling her. Something that big was most likely approved by Comey's boss, Lynch, who may end up being the Scooter Libby of this affair with the former president protected.

floridays

Wow, I find it fascinating that people that believe this are out there. It's such an absurd comment that doesn't even come close to the truth, but it's stated as fact. Mind blown.
I will state on his behalf that you are correct, she wasn't. Hillary was in charge of the State Department as Secretary of State. However the Clinton tentacles squeezed the DOJ, as exhibited by the tarmac meeting in Phoenix with Loretta Lynch, and the fact that Clinton appointees are still inhabiting the DOJ.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Federal lawsuit accuses Obama center organizers of pulling an 'institutional bait and switch'

A federal lawsuit filed by a Chicago nonprofit in an attempt to block the Obama Presidential Center from being built in Park accuses organizers of pulling an “institutional bait and switch” by shifting the center’s purpose away from being a true .

Protect Our Parks Inc. also claims in its lawsuit, which was filed in U.S. District Court on Monday, that the Chicago Park District and the City of Chicago don’t have the authority to transfer public parkland to nongovernmental entity such as the Obama Foundation.

It has long been expected that the Park District would sell the land to the city for a nominal amount and the city would enter into a long-term lease with the Obama Foundation. The lawsuit, which also names three Chicago-area residents as plaintiffs, argues that such a maneuver would violate state law and represents “a short con shell game, a corrupt scheme to deceive and seemingly legitimize an illegal land grab.”

“The City and Park District clearly realize and fully understand that this established law precludes the Park District from arbitrarily transferring possession, use and control of this dedicated ‘open, clear and free’ public parkland in Jackson Park to a private nongovernmental … entity’s self-determined use,” the complaint says.

The plaintiffs accuse the Obamas of committing an about-face on original plans for the Jackson Park site to be home to a national presidential library that would hold historic documents and archives from Barack Obama’s presidency under the National Archives and Records Administration’s supervision.