Obama? Really?

bbsam

Staff member
oh I believe there are several justices on the Court that would disagree with it.... funny there are also a few that would agree.... you wouldnt be insinuating that politics plays into the decisions of constitutionality would you?

What a justice can't justify with the Commerce Clause, he/she can with the government's power to tax

A

anonymous6

it takes a very strong person to vote for whats best for the country even if it screws you. you have to think about your children, grandchildren, and beyond that.

we think the system is broken and needs to be replaced.

Jesse ventura/Howard Stern 2016 ( come on , a little levity.....or not )

Last edited by a moderator:

happybob

Feeders
That quote can't be factual. If we as a government cannot afford that which we have decided we want and no longer want to borrow for it, then we are not taxed enough.
No longer want to borrow for it? Let's bankrupt our children and grandchildren to. This administration has gorwn the national debt by over 5trillion, when is it enough to finally be able to say, sorry Mr President, we can't keep taxing the public to pay for your pie in the sky spending mentality.

Overpaid Union Thug

No longer want to borrow for it? Let's bankrupt our children and grandchildren to. This administration has gorwn the national debt by over 5trillion, when is it enough to finally be able to say, sorry Mr President, we can't keep taxing the public to pay for your pie in the sky spending mentality.

Yep. I love quoting Reagan every time this comes up......
"The problem is no that people are taxed too little, the problem is that the government spends too much."

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Screw Romney. We NEED OUR UNIONS PEOPLE !!!!!! Imagine what the crap we would be going threw without one !!! You think our work load and production standards are bad now !!!! I'm surprised UPS management aren't pushing us to vote Romney !! with the donate united way speech .

Overpaid Union Thug

Screw Romney. We NEED OUR UNIONS PEOPLE !!!!!! Imagine what the crap we would be going threw without one !!! You think our work load and production standards are bad now !!!! I'm surprised UPS management aren't pushing us to vote Romney !! with the donate united way speech .

What good is a union job in a country with an economy thats STIL headed down the crapper? Go ahead and vote for your union first for the rest of your life and think only about yourself. Some of us have our entire country in mind when we vote. Give me two candidates that are both good for our economy and national security then, and ONLY THEN, will I chose the pro-union candidate. And thats only if he/she believes that workers can decide if their shop unionizes. Not a candidate that believes unions should be forced down everyone's throats.

Backlasher

In the end, what matters more than anything else is the general economy of the nation. When the US dollar loses its status worldwide due to staggering debt, you will lose your job, pension, healthcare, and home. And your contract with the company won't be worth the paper it is printed on. Asking the teamsters to accept the fact people ought to have a god given right to choose union or not, is of little consequence. All it does is force the union to EARn membership, rather than coerce it. The right to join is constitutional and will never be taken away.
Voting Romney here.

We already have the right to join union or not !! We don't need Romney to give it because we already have it !!!

I'm voting OBAMA even though I don't like him, because Romney is WAY TO CORPORATE MINDED AND AGAINST GOOD WAGE UNION JOBS. I think any union UPSER would be crazy to vote for Romney !! All have a right to their own opinion and I'm just giving mine !!!

Repeat, even though I don't like obama, I vote for him cause WE NEED UNIONS. If you don't like unions then go work at a temp agency and see how corporations really look at us workers !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We already have the right to join union or not !! We don't need Romney to give it because we already have it !!!

I'm voting OBAMA even though I don't like him, because Romney is WAY TO CORPORATE MINDED AND AGAINST GOOD WAGE UNION JOBS. I think any union UPSER would be crazy to vote for Romney !! All have a right to their own opinion and I'm just giving mine !!!

Repeat, even though I don't like obama, I vote for him cause WE NEED UNIONS. If you don't like unions then go work at a temp agency and see how corporations really look at us workers !!!!

So, keep it union strong and wave to the jobs as they sail to China !!! Good luck with that!!

Backlasher

IT's the NON-UNION CORPORATIONS that pillaged this country. OUTsourcing jobs while buidling huge profits, creating low paying jobs while creating huge profits that don't go back into our economy!!!

This country is falling apart from this reason alone. National dept would ve and will continue to rise because of lack of jobs and good wages. No middle class means no $ going back into the economy !!!

Middle class also pays more out in taxes then corporate earnings due so in turn even less $ goes into economy when there is less TAX REVENUE because more $ tied into corporations (who find SUBSTANTIAL TAX BREAKS), and not into middle class !!!

Think of this as well, as jobs go over seas and corporations build multi-million dollar projects overseas and pay 10 cents an hr to what used to be a middle class job, they call it growth because their profit goes up!!

If their are no middle class then their are no Customers buying products and in turn cuts deeper against our economy! You need good wage union jobs in order to stimulate the economy !!!

Backlasher

Tell yea what. If you guys really have this view, then I invite you to get out of the union and see how well you do. I swear, it's like smacking the hand that feeds you!!

If we as a nation were union strong and stuck to it like when the unions 1st developed, THERE WOULDN"T BE JOBS GOING TO CHINA. WTF.

The reason why it's happening is because we got so weak minded and comfortable in thinking we don't need unions !!! As a nation now as we speak, only 11% are union jobs, THAT's why you see jobs going to china !!!!

Backlasher

Get out of the union!!!

You know what seasonal makes $16.10 hr driven full time !!!

If we had no union, THAT"S EXACTLY WHAT THE CRAP YOU WOULD BE MAKING AS A DRIVER @ UPS WITHOUT A UNION, and probably pushed harder on SPHOR AS well!!

Go ahead, VOTE AGAINST UNION !! I meant OBAMA !!!

Would you like to be a full time driver at half wage $16.10 ??? wake up before tommarow there is 0% union work force in the U.S.A. !!!

hduplease

why is it, usually the poorest states, offering the least to their people vote republican, do your research and see how much that clown bush put us in debt, obama offered obama care and the gov was going to pick it up and a couple republican states say they wont do it, it wont cost the state anything but will help their people . whats wrong with that picture, sure lets tax the middle class more and the millionaires less, their money goes in a bank account overseas and the middle/lower class spends what they have left

bluehdmc

Yep. I love quoting Reagan every time this comes up......
"The problem is no that people are taxed too little, the problem is that the government spends too much."

Funny though, percentagewise the National Debt rose the greatest amount during the Reagan administration.

His "trickle down" economics worked well, (quote, "Debt doesn't matter").

When he ran for President George H.W. Bush referred to Reagan's policies as "Voodoo Economics".

The National Debt originated from WWII, the country was on pace to have the debt paid off by 1992. Then Reagan got elected.

But he got an Oscar for his role as Commander in Cheif.

Last edited:

brown_trousers

obama offered obama care and the gov was going to pick it up and a couple republican states say they wont do it, it wont cost the state anything but will help their people
Keep dreaming. Healthcare isn't free, Obamacare won't be either. Its going to cost us dearly in taxes.

It must be nice being a democrat with your head so far up in the clouds, not realizing that all these govt programs actually WILL cost us a higher percentage in taxes.

Backlasher

I don't like the obama care.

I don't agree with all , but some of the stimulus $ spent !

I don't agree with many things obama but I think we should all be absalutly concerned on what kind of damage can be done to the Union. The Union has been weakened to much already over the yrs. Do you really want our bargaining power attacked ??

Do you want to see the treatment we get if our bargaining is stripped away ?

People complain how the work load is now and low part time wages as well as not enough full time positions .

Wait and see how bad it will be if our bargaining is stripped.

Contract is up next yr. !!!!

The 1st thing Romney wants to do is attack OUR BARGAINING RIGHTS, do you see my point ?

Not a good scenario.

I don't like either one of these guys but it is critical with a new contract being negotiated that we union folks get all the backing politically that we can.

Backlasher

Look around you....there's like a 13% union workforce around you.

And your point is ?

This is precisely why I can't believe co workers want Romney !!

New contract negotiations are going on as we speak. New contract pending for mid 2013.

Do you really want a president who is known for outsourcing jobs, ANTI-UNION during this very moment ???

I know we need political change but now is not a good time for an aggresive anti-UNION president !!!

Do you have any idea how this could effect our new contract ???

Sorry if I seem to be lashing out, I like you and big arrow and have agreed on many things. Politics do cause major disruptions.

Maybe I'm pushing a little hard but honestly, think about the possible effects this could have on our contract. I wasn't even going to vote this yr. cause I don't support either one of them but when I see just how against Unions Romney is. It rallied me up.

This is a critical position we are in.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you have any idea how this could effect our new contract ???

Sorry if I seem to be lashing out, I like you and big arrow and have agreed on many things. Politics do cause major disruptions.

Maybe I'm pushing a little hard but honestly, think about the possible effects this could have on our contract. I wasn't even going to vote this yr. cause I don't support either one of them but when I see just how against Unions Romney is. It rallied me up.

This is a critical position we are in.[/QUOTE ]

Not worried about the lashing out.....you are passionate and that's OK

But redistribution is not the answer. Obama has investments in China he doesn't even know about , while at the same time accuses Romney of the same..

I don't know who will win, but I do know that if Obama is in, we all get 4 more years of more of this. He doesn't know how to do it.....if he did, he would've done something in 4 years.

Obama doesn't help unions......he takes their money as contibutions. Remembe how hesaid 4 years ago he will put on his walking shoes and walk those picket lines with all of you??? Seen any of that???

He's a phony ! He only helps himself !!