OCAs yeah old story new thread

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got 3 ocas today, one right after the other. I got it about 330, it committed me to 630, I knew I couldnt get there til 7.
The first one said 99 pkgs
the next one said 99 pkgs
the 3rd one said 1 pkg.
Then I was hoping I didnt need to bring the asds.
I said Wow instead of working til 8, I will be working well into Saturday.
So I go there and there is a Blair pkg on the porch.
It is a cheap clothing factory out of PA.
I knock on the door, and she comes to the door all indignant.
I said, you called for a pickup?:w00t:
Thinking Im going to have a new ebay acct here. :tongue_sm
She says Yes are you blind:laugh:
WEll no, but I dont see the packages. and she says well its right there!!!
I said that is a USPS pkg......
She says whats that?
You know the guy in a white jeep and blue uniform that sticks letters in your mailbox. The united states postal service?
Well how do I get hold of him, she says:ohmy:
Well I dont have his phone number but I bet he shows up on Saturday......But I told her he wouldnt take it either, it has no labeling other than the reverse from ship to lable you cut off and realigned. I finally said I gotta go, he will explain tomorrow. DUH. :confused:1

j4bucks

I get that all the time myself. I really think when the see United they just think of UPS, and stop looking at what comes next. The one thing I get mad at is when I get an oca they don't tell you you need asd form. So when I get there the customer always asks, " do you have my label". The best is when they hand you what ever it is the want to ship and it isn't in a box, "I thought you packed it for me" Guess I need to stock a UPS STORE in my truck now.

Ms Spoken

Had a call tag this week to pick up a dell notebook. After I picked up her box that she had used silver duck tape she asked me to tell everyone to be careful with with this computer. ha-ha All I could say was mama we treat each package the same at UPS. :w00t:

browniehound

When I was in 5th grade we had a class project called "Egg Or Not". Basically we were to throw an egg off of the the school roof (about 40 feet high) and we could use whatever means neccessary to keep it from breaking.

Everytime I ship a package I keep this concept in mind. I consider my object an egg and package it with the thought it could break like an egg. I've seen first hand what happens to our packages and duct (quack, quack), tape (LOL) just won't suffice.

It needs to wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a box with foam peanuts in it. This box must have a piece of paper with all the shipping info in it for back-up. Then this must be placed in a larger box with more foam peantuts or crumpled newspaper.

The shipping label should be placed on the outside of this carton and then sealed with packing tape (not masking or duct tape). And too much tape in never enough.

If you don't take all those steps, then I don't feel sorry that your item was damaged.

And that is Browniehound's fail-safe way of packing an item for delivery through the UPS system.:)

Ms Spoken

I've seen first hand what happens to our packages and duct (quack, quack), tape (LOL) just won't suffice.

Ok browniehound,
You got me on this one.. hahaha duck/duct tape. I had a house full of kids last night so I'm placing the blame on them. There was a pair of 5 yr old twins and their 7 yr old brother and my two (all boys). Man I must have been out of my mind on this idea.

old levi's

blank space
Ok browniehound,
You got me on this one.. hahaha duck/duct tape. I had a house full of kids last night so I'm placing the blame on them. There was a pair of 5 yr old twins and their 7 yr old brother and my two (all boys). Man I must have been out of my mind on this idea.

Oh yes, the always popular duct tape: around here we call it Alabama chrome.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Govols......I too hate the packing foam peanuts. I do however save them up all year in a big garbage bag. Then at Xmas time I might get a gift for my bro.-in-law about the size of a wallet, but I put it in a box the size of a medium moving box. I dump all the peanuts in there and ship them off to Ohio. It's a standing joke between us.....and I get rid of the foamy, bothersome things.:) I know he hates me!!

Raw

Raw Member
When I was in 5th grade we had a class project called "Egg Or Not". Basically we were to throw an egg off of the the school roof (about 40 feet high) and we could use whatever means neccessary to keep it from breaking.

Everytime I ship a package I keep this concept in mind. I consider my object an egg and package it with the thought it could break like an egg. I've seen first hand what happens to our packages and duct (quack, quack), tape (LOL) just won't suffice.

It needs to wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a box with foam peanuts in it. This box must have a piece of paper with all the shipping info in it for back-up. Then this must be placed in a larger box with more foam peantuts or crumpled newspaper.
The shipping label should be placed on the outside of this carton and then sealed with packing tape (not masking or duct tape). And too much tape in never enough.

If you don't take all those steps, then I don't feel sorry that your item was damaged.

And that is Browniehound's fail-safe way of packing an item for delivery through the UPS system.:)
Your elementary school was 4 stories high?

browniehound

Your elementary school was 4 stories high?

Raw, believe it or not it actually was. It was built on an incline. One end had the basement level plus 3 levels, while the other end didn't have the basement level. We threw them off the high end.

Ok, so it might have been 35 feet, not 40 wise-guy:)

browniehound

Ok browniehound,

Ms Spoken, I wasn't trying to correct your usage. I didn't even notice you printed "duck" tape to be honest with you. I was just trying to be funny because when someone says "duct tape" the words "duck tape" always appear in my mind, LOL.

DS

Fenderbender
I got 3 ocas today, one right after the other.The first one said 99 pkgs
the next one said 99 pkgs
the 3rd one said 1 pkg.

:confused:1
Tooner,I think I have the 99 pks thing figured out.When a cust calls for a p/u using the automated phone system,they talk to a robot that uses the still unperfected "text to voice"technology only its done in reverse.The
automated non ups person asks how many packages you are sending.
If the person responds in any way other than a simple seven,or thirty six
or whatever,the bot automatically defaults to ninty nine.
I`ve noticed this does not occur if the person uses the online shipping,because they get to actually type in the number of pks to be
picked up.

I've got an oca that said 99 pkgs. So I show up, grab my hand truck take the frieght elevator to the 37th floor and find out it was one letter. I ask the receptionist where the rest are. She says it's all there. All 99 pages.

W

westsideworma

And then you want to send it at least 2 day air so it will be ( in the system ) for less time. Less time = less possibilty of being crushed

that is the only way my stuff goes through UPS 2 day air or next day saver :wink:

Overpaid Union Thug

I recieved an OCA last week for a hotel that was in an area I had already completed. I went in and the lady at the desk hands me a zip lock bag packed with prescription meds. No box. No label. And no address. Someone had left their meds in their room when they checked out and called it in to UPS but didn't bother to ask the hotel to pack it and even forgot to give them the address to send it to.