Odd situation

Est.1998

Ok, let’s say i do the job and i put my all into the peak season...is there real money in that? If i’m going to get chewed up and spit out on January will i have at least made money?
Not if you beast the route.
We get paid by the minute.
More minutes equal more money.

ChulyDad

Yes. Everyone makes a decent chunk of money during peak due to all the overtime we get.
I’ll do it then, worst that could happen is i’m on indeed.com looking for a job on january 16th with a full bank account. Best case scenario i’m still working at UPS. Cus if i have to clock into my front desk job one more week i think i’m going to end it all, i used to deliver furniture for Raymour and it was all walk ups in the city, still better than standing counter for 9 hrs.

JJinVA

I’ll do it then, worst that could happen is i’m on indeed.com looking for a job on january 16th with a full bank account. Best case scenario i’m still working at UPS. Cus if i have to clock into my front desk job one more week i think i’m going to end it all, i used to deliver furniture for Raymour and it was all walk ups in the city, still better than standing counter for 9 hrs.
Never know. It largely depends on the center you end up driving for. If they are showing alot of growth, and you do a good job (not running, not getting hurt or damaging the trucks), they may hang on to you. But if youre at a center that has been established for a long time, well, not looking good. Just do a fair job, dont annoy the supes or center manager, and hope for the best. Everyday when you finish, call the center and ask them if anyone needs any help. Show that you really want it

NBROG39

Is it possible to stay on after season as a PT pre-loader and potentially get on list for a route and are warehouse workers eligible for same Teamster benefits as delivery drivers? The benefits alone for myself and my family would be a huge bonus as we currently pay $600 a month for medical, dental and vision.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Perfect! You know some of the buildings! Only difference is this time, youll be delivering the furniture by yourself!

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Is it possible to stay on after season as a PT pre-loader and potentially get on list for a route and are warehouse workers eligible for same Teamster benefits as delivery drivers? The benefits alone for myself and my family would be a huge bonus as we currently pay $600 a month for medical, dental and vision.
Sohw up on time every day and don't suck

Absolutely. UPS hires PT year round. Just do not fall into the PT sup trap. Sure they make more an hour starting and work more hours resulting in a larger take home pay check but a few years down the road a Union job well best a PT sup job in both wages and benefits.