Odds of becoming a Full-Time employee?

SaladTosser

Kill me now
So far in Southern California the wait list for full time driver is 9-14 years depending on the hub. I met a few guys from driving class and that's what they say.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

Patience young padawan. All in good time.

clean hairy

Odds are slim to none with only 4 months in.
Next time you see a bid list, look at seniority dates to get an idea of how much time others have that are bidding on the openings.
Also look at how many postions are being bid on.

Dr.Brownz

You're going to have to probably wait years to get a FT position. We had a guy in my center who did it in 13 months and that was unheard of. The previous record from PT to FT was 6 years.

By all means sign the bids, you may get lucky. But I wouldn't bank on being able to get a position.

I only had to wait 6 months before I went FT, and the three drivers they hired after me only worked for one month before going FT. We are a tiny center that went through a huge growth spurt and I just happened to get in at the right time. On the other hand though, the 3 drivers ahead of me in seniority waited 4, 6 and 7 years to go FT.

The big hubs have less potential for new drivers. If they have too much volume there are more places to spread it out too, which means they need a :censored2: ton of volume to justify new drivers.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I only had to wait 6 months before I went FT, and the three drivers they hired after me only worked for one month before going FT. We are a tiny center that went through a huge growth spurt and I just happened to get in at the right time. On the other hand though, the 3 drivers ahead of me in seniority waited 4, 6 and 7 years to go FT.
Oil boom area?

Flight96

I'll definitely be checking in on this thread from time to time if i have any other questions.. Glad to see more posts from you guys that have been there and done that. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Mr.Golden

In my opinion it all depends on the area development. More growth more ppl they need for full time. We had a pt went I'm to feeder cause no ft could pass the test