% of drivers that are fired

Michael Scott

Just curious if anyone has a decent guess at what percentage of drivers are fired at least once throughout their career? Including times when you get your job back.

ManInBrown

Fired and it stuck? Probably 2%. I can’t even begin to tell you all the stories I know of drivers doing dumb sheet, having a 6 week vacation and coming back like nothing ever happened. It almost impossible to get fired and have it stick. If you get fired as a driver at UPS and it sticks, you really deserved it.

rod

Retired 22 years
At my old center I bet it was 100% . Our Union Steward was fired at least 3 time that I can remember. I only recall one feeder driver never returning and that was because he never fought it. They caught him doinkin some ministers wife in a gravel pit on his way back to the building on an early Saturday morning. Apparently this was his side squeeze for many years. His wife wasn't to happy when she found out the reason he lost his job. Divorce city.

Fired and it stuck? Probably 2%. I can’t even begin to tell you all the stories I know of drivers doing dumb sheet, having a 6 week vacation and coming back like nothing ever happened. It almost impossible to get fired and have it stick. If you get fired as a driver at UPS and it sticks, you really deserved it.
We had a Porter get fired for something really stupid. Off for several months and when he was reinstated asked for an extension of his termination.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Just curious if anyone has a decent guess at what percentage of drivers are fired at least once throughout their career? Including times when you get your job back.
When I started driving an older driver (retired now) told me you can count on two things if you work here for 30 years:
1) you will get a hernia
2) you will be fired at least once

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Tier 3 Hit and run does the trick

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
When I started driving an older driver (retired now) told me you can count on two things if you work here for 30 years:
1) you will get a hernia
2) you will be fired at least once

If you had any kind of "balls" you have been fired at least once, usually around your 15th year, after that it is smooth sailing.

:gityasmiley:

quad decade guy

This is curious....

Losing 6 weeks of pay.....as cavalier as some of you folks are.....that's a hefty chunk. The employees I've known to get back pay.....in 40 years...on one hand. Two fingers maybe.

quad decade guy

At my old center I bet it was 100% . Our Union Steward was fired at least 3 time that I can remember. I only recall one feeder driver never returning and that was because he never fought it. They caught him doinkin some ministers wife in a gravel pit on his way back to the building on an early Saturday morning. Apparently this was his side squeeze for many years. His wife wasn't to happy when she found out the reason he lost his job. Divorce city.
We had a pkg delivery driver fired for this sort of thing on area. I don't know the exact details whether it was on the clock or not. He never came back....about a 5 year guy.

Which begs the question.....if you punch out(off the clock...) while doing such....can they really fire you? Say, you go home for lunch and do the wife.....eating lunch with her is ok...eating her isn't? Serious question.....So, is a customer off the clock(not in the vehicle) ok?

Example: stopping at a delivery stop(resi)(hell even a customers office), punching out, going inside and coming out 1 hour later.....serious question.Is there a difference in a gravel pit or home? Car?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
50% plus but 99% did not stick. ( feeder ) it's almost a badge of honor.

The only ones I saw stick was a driver hitting someone.
Another was obviously high and drunk when he punched it. It was a real shame because this driver was a hellava guy. Very unusual behavior for him. Was a total professional .

Nobody found out what happened. death in family? divorce? something traumatic must have triggered it.

Another for sleeping in feeder truck and staying on clock.
Stealing, a cardinal sin.

Another for stealing guns
Another for stealing oxy from packages.
One for stealing cell phones.