Off Clock Sort

Hroller

It is illegal to work for a "for profit" company for free.

I've had a union steward tell me if I do it again, I'll be sent home.

I still do it. I take 10 minutes to straighten the damn mess out....am the first to leave after the PCM...and that 10 minutes saves me an extra 45 minutes. Mostly always under 8 and always make bonus.

box_beeyotch

I still do it. I take 10 minutes to straighten the damn mess out....am the first to leave after the PCM...and that 10 minutes saves me an extra 45 minutes. Mostly always under 8 and always make bonus.

If anyone in your building had nuts they would put a stop to it immediately.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

I don't touch a package until after the PCM. I take the load as it is from whatever braindead loader I have that day. This means I have at least an hour of overtime every day. Overtime pays more. I win.

S

selfcancelsignal

How many full-time, temp, or cover drivers sort their own trucks off the clock before their shifts? Is doing so allowed? Or, do you trust your loader.
Maybe while I was doing my 30 in 90. Too many good veteran drivers in my center that pointed me in the right direction. I've just recently tried pushing the pkgs. toward the bulkhead door, other wise it's try to find a few I can get off early after the PCM, then sort all my resi's right before taking my lunch. We have a few in our bldg. that'll work off the clock. Personally, I think they're morons.

Rainman

Its all good.
80% of drivers in my building sort at least some off the clock, maybe more. If I go to my truck early, my loader stops loading. Forget that. You want me do do work, pay me for it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not this one---he is sitting here watching "ellen".

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone who has seen this movie will know exactly what I'm saying.

wayfair

swollen member

so working off the clock for 10 minutes saves you 45 minutes of work.... on the clock???

are you at top driver pay?

JackStraw

Drivers who work off the clock obviously are unable to do the job that the ones who do it the right way do so they have to resort to cheating. It's a difficult job and it takes a special kinda a person to do it correctly. Shame.

8000Shelf

Hmmm 45 minutes a day. So at top rate you are giving away $38.69 a day/ $193.44 a week /

$10060 a year.