Off due to non work related injury

mikeyb

Quick question. I was trying to contact a steward but two are on vacation and another is sick. Thought you guys could help. I’ve been out all week due to a non work injury. Dr says that he’s holding me out for the rest of this week. As a full time driver, do I still have to get 1 report for the week in order to keep the insurance? They said something about me going in and doing some safety stuff for an hour or so then leaving if I could not drive. Is that all I need?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You can use a personal or sick day once a week to maintain healthcare, there is no reason why you would need to go into work for “ safety stuff” if it’s not a workman’s comp case. If your going to be off for a few weeks you need to fill out the short term disability initial report paper.

Indecisi0n

If you are out of days then yes, you will lose coverage for that week and be responsible for all medical bills incurred during that time.

All you need is one punch for the week. Even 1 minute will count as a contribution for the week.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Check the title of the thread.
Pretty sure he was joking. What is you keep saying to everyone....Oh yeah
7NNe.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Quick question. I was trying to contact a steward but two are on vacation and another is sick. Thought you guys could help. I’ve been out all week due to a non work injury. Dr says that he’s holding me out for the rest of this week. As a full time driver, do I still have to get 1 report for the week in order to keep the insurance? They said something about me going in and doing some safety stuff for an hour or so then leaving if I could not drive. Is that all I need?
You'll have to file for fmla or short term disability. Kind of a pain now that the company side is thru Aetna and not HR anymore.

ACmoses

Anyone rupture their patella tendon and have surgery? If so, were you able to come back to driving? How long did it take to heal completely? Thanks for any info.

IESucks

Yes, at least one punch. Or an option day or a vacation day.