Oh boy here comes the snow!

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I saw the tracks.....you could be draggin' a body to put it in the woods!!! The heels drag and make 2 solid lines.

klein

Für Meno :)
Could be worse :

Weather for Edmonton, AB

Current Conditions

Tue Jan 17, 12 at 8:00 AM MST

-30[SUP]°C[/SUP] -22[SUP]°friend[/SUP]
Feels like: -38

Partly Cloudy

Visibility: 14.5 Km
Sunrise: 8:41 AM
Sunset: 4:47 PM
Wind: WNW 8 km/h
Humidity: 55%
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
Today

A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries early this morning. Clearing this afternoon. High minus 27.
Tonight

Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 44.

Wednesday

Sunny. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 43.

klein

I have to bundle up soon myself, get my winter jacket on, toque, gloves, scarf and walk over to the 7/11 to get smokes, bread, milk, and some lottery tickets for tomorrow.
No sense buying hot coffee, it will be frozen by the time I get home. (but , I still might - just to keep me warm on the way back) !

Unlucky me, lost my entire key ring with all keys on it (cars, house, and more) - can`t even drive until I get replacements :(
(lost the spare loose key last year - was using that to warm up the vehicle, before heading out, and don`t know where it went ).

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have to bundle up soon myself, get my winter jacket on, toque, gloves, scarf and walk over to the 7/11 to get smokes, bread, milk, and some lottery tickets for tomorrow.
No sense buying hot coffee, it will be frozen by the time I get home. (but , I still might - just to keep me warm on the way back) !

Unlucky me, lost my entire key ring with all keys on it (cars, house, and more) - can`t even drive until I get replacements :(
(lost the spare loose key last year - was using that to warm up the vehicle, before heading out, and don`t know where it went ).
You've also just let the entire world know that you can't lock your house when you leave.

klein

I never do lock it... unless I'm gone for longer then half a day. But, I do have a spare key, but won't lock it, just for a nice freezing cold walk.
Trust me, just those few seconds searching for a key, and opening up the lock, could be the difference between frozen and solid frozen !

klein

Well, I did manage my little walk (2 blocks each way) to the 7/11. But note to myself : Brew coffee before leaving next time !
Minus 44 with windchill. Actually made me feel sorry for our UPS drivers out there. Oh well, the Calgary airport was shut down for most of the day, so without getting any air thru, atleast it was lighter on them.
But temps won't be much better tomorrow.

Oh yeah, keep on forgetting: Whats up with Alaska and out of oil ?
They waited 3 extra weeks or longer to finally get oil from Russia ! (with help of a coast guard ice-breaker).

Pretty sad, they have all the oil up there, yet can't use it !

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Putting tire chains on a package car is a miserable chore.

Having cold hands and cold feet is part of the job and I am used to it. But having a cold wet ass all day from crawling around in the wet snow to install chains really sucks.

On the bright side, the constant vibration from driving on them all day is a little bit like having a back massager on the seat.

Packmule

I'm from Arizona originally. Bad enough just dealing with the Northern Plains here in the states. You folks up there must live in a constant state of depression! Give me summertime, long sunny days, a lake, and boat!
Hats off. Went skiing up there once. Beautiful. But I couldn't live there, much less be a UPS man.