OK, really starting to freak and worry, NOBODY to talk to

ExupserNaples

Bull Tooner, thats a copout. Maybe he wont get his job back cause she wont be there to stand up for him. I am so glad I am out of UPS and making alot more $ with no bull>

upsrwife

No, my husband is not really a computer person, not even an e-mail adress. he does read my posts though, and yours.

As I posted in the original message. the only thing more to the story was the accident two weeks ago he was fired for. this is the short of it:
he had to turn left off a dirt road with no stop sign
the woods were so heavy, he had to pull into the intersection slightly to see
he looked LFL
thought he was clear and turned left. apparently he had a blind spot, and boom, got hit in the front. yes, his fault, yes he was ticketed.
the center manager fired my husband as soon as he got on scene.
the people refused a tow truck, the guy pulled out the fender and changed the tire. the state trooper and everone left the scene.
next morning, at the meeting, they said he was still fired because they called the people and they said they decided to tow the truck with the rope "just to be safe". but OFFICIALLY there was no tow.
this is the argument, since a tow makes it a tier 3 serious accident here.
and here we are. hearing #2, tomorrow morning.

some people can be so cold

ExupserNaples

I am not cold. I read the story now in 3 differant posts i believe. Get over it, I remember you saying you had alot of savings. If anyone I worked with read these wife posts they would be harrased forever.. WAWA.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I see your point now exupsernaples.
Change is hard and sometimes for the best. And from everyone I have known, even after leaving, by thier choice or not, I believe they are better for it. Im hoping to stay til I have enough time in to do it comfortably, it would hurt less. Either way I know I could make it, even at my advanced:surprised:age. I just hate to see a young driver, with children be kicked to the curb for something as minor as it sounds.
Most posts said they thought he would get his job back. Others said he may not and the minority.
Wives may be a pain, and mine (hubby) is in FLA. so he cannot comment, but I kow my pc skills have got him boat parts, bike parts, and info he never woulda got without me, Thats all she is trying to do, garner support, and get info.

trickpony1

If anyone I worked with read these wife posts they would be harrased forever.. WAWA.

....would this be because they are jealous that this guy has a wife that will stand by her man?
To some people the marriage union invokes a strong sense of teamwork which, apparently, isn't true in your case.
It's easy for you to sit in the bleachers and make comments like this.
BTW, I guess you haven't mentioned what you currently do for a living and the conditions surrounding your departure from our "wonderful" company.

ExupserNaples

Well trick here it is, after 17 years and several back strains along the way finally in 10-05 I had a severe back strain/injury. Went to the company quack and its all good. Give the UPS guy some roids and he can come back in 2 weeks.

I should tell you trick I am 6'7 245, so I am not built like the perfect package machine, which would be built like a wrestler.

I go back to work after 2 weeks and all is good. The day I get home after going back to work there is a letter from Liberty Mutual saying my back injury was not work related. Go figure.

So 2 weeks go by with the 150 stps and 400 pieces and its all good, last stop of the day I pick a 2 lb pkg of the shelf and down I go in the back of the car. The phone is clipped to the DVIR thing, so I crawl to the cab and call the center. My center manager tells me I am faking, I call 911 and go to the hospital.
I get to the hospital and have cat scans xrays MRI everything. I have L4-L5 ready to rupture. My back Dr. says I cannot go back to work, there is no TAW offered, althoug 3 million boxes and 17 yrs didnt cause my injury.

I do not go back to work, because I cant, and comp will not pay the bills.

So trick, I sue the company, thanks to george and jeb i get low 5 figures instead of mid 6 figures by 6 months because of the Bushs law changes..

So by reading this I never released this info before, I got screwed and never got fired....Trick you can feel free to PM me if you dont believe this.

The point is get over it.... By the way I am an independent home inspector. Even in this market I laugh when the brown truck goes by at 8 PM.

So Trick, any advise with your vast wisdom?????

DS

Fenderbender
Exupser from naples ,you are indeed being cold.You said in one of your earier posts that you come here to the browncafe now and then to relive the insanity only to deride someone that is genuinely upset by making a snide comment .Your comment should fall into the category of, if you have nothing productive to say ,say nothing.

upsrwife

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone on here that has let me vent, and spoken back. You all seem to have a great deal of smarts and for the most part, MOST of you are pleasant.

Also, I want to apoligize to anyone I have offended by being on these boards. I just wanted some support from people who might know something about it. It's not like I can get feedback from my girlfriends about this.

ExupserNaples, for what it's worth, i'm sorry about your pain. but you don't have to be so angry. We didn't do this to you.

ExupserNaples

OK DS now I have to educate you. I dont know if you will understand what I am saying about paper records or no.
Back in the day we were on paper, if you had a COD that was no money etc. you circled that amount on the left side of the delivery records.

I had a guy on my industrial route that was cash only. He would wait for me to get there every day with all the COD amounts, and if could not meet me with the money he would say so and I would circle the amount.

I would not circle the amounts if he said he would meet me, because you would have to void everything and redo it on the next page etc.

Anyway this day the page was already flipped and I didnt circle the COD amounts, which meant according to the records I did not have enough cash as I should have.

I found out later that day that the guy that was supposed to pay for those CODs was killed in a car accident going to get the money for those CODs.

So I heard this doing my pickups and forgot about voiding the original records.

There was an audit that night, and guess what I was fired the next morning cause I was $200 or something short because I had not circled thos amounts on the delivery records.

Two weeks go by and the local hearing happens. They offer me my job back minus 2 weeks pay. Keep in mind I am about 28 and am building a $175K (in 96) house and paying the rent in an apartmemt.

I say no I did nothing wrong. Second hearing, they offer same thing, I say no (even though in this time I could have lost everything) it was principal.

Panel in New Orleans I get all back pay and job back.

I rolled the dice yes but thats my story, So this wife should just deal with it.

ExupserNaples

I never accused anybody of anything. I simply tried to demontrate you are not the only person screwed by UPS thats it. I never revealed these details in my posts, and never intended to. You made me do it because you are not unique in this situation.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A couple of the finer points

called the people and they said they decided to tow the truck with the rope "just to be safe". but OFFICIALLY there was no tow.
this is the argument, since a tow makes it a tier 3 serious accident here.

First off, pulling the car with another car with a rope does not constitute a tow. Sorry. That is not a tow. The tow needs to be documented with a tow bill. No to bill, no tow. This is BS, and you did not post that earlier on.

Secondly, a tier 3 is an accident at an intersection. It has nothing to do with a tow or not. Two seperate things. Tier 3 never appears in the contract.

What make an accident fireable is that 1, someone gets taken to the hospital, usually by rescue personel, or/and 2, one or more of the vehicles get towed from the scene. Now, it does not state they are not working so they needed to be towed, but any vehicle that is towed, regardless of need.

And that is what the company is basing its claim. That the car was towed from the scene. There is no bill for the tow? Then it did not take place. Documentation documentation documentation. If they can not document the tow, then there is no proof of the tow, then there was no tow. That simple.

No tow, no legit reason for the termination, therefor termination overturned and back pay.

That is the way it ought to come out.

d

trickpony1

ExUpserNaples-
No where in your post did you mention getting an attorney.
As far as my blessed existence with the company? Sorry. I could tell you some stories that would knock you out of your chair but can't because it might expose me. I can/will tell my whole story after I retire/get fired/forced out due to age, condition which could be any day. Does the company care about me? No. Just like they didn't care about you. This is why I THOUGHT you might have a little compassion for the driver and his wife and their situation.
I am glad to hear that you are happy and self-sufficient. I truly wanted to make it to retirement ( a real retirement) but there seems to be a person that is gonna see to it that doesn't happen.
Everyday I walk through the gate and say to myself, "this is my last day.". This is a survival mindset and a coping skill. I'm sure you don't say that as you drive to the next house to assess (at about $150 a pop).
I wish you happiness.

Lobofan5

I don't drive full time..but I know many, many drivers who's MAIN OBJECTIVE for the day is...

Not to get fired.

Its too bad that it has to be that way, but at UPS it is.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Naples

Problem is that the market is very flat there right now. I have good friends in the market down there. One was in the business of doing title closings. HAd 12 employees working all the time. Had to let all but himself go, as the closing have droped to about 5 per week, where they had been doing well over 150-300 a week.

HArd times down there. The millionaires are hurting, but the billionaires are still buying.

Funny, we did a project for an elderly woman that built a brand new house a couple of years back. She was 92 at the time. Built an 18 million dollar house on a 50X75 foot lot. Crazy!

d

Overpaid Union Thug

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone on here that has let me vent, and spoken back. You all seem to have a great deal of smarts and for the most part, MOST of you are pleasant.

Also, I want to apoligize to anyone I have offended by being on these boards. I just wanted some support from people who might know something about it. It's not like I can get feedback from my girlfriends about this.

ExupserNaples, for what it's worth, i'm sorry about your pain. but you don't have to be so angry. We didn't do this to you.

I think you have the support of most of us. Just ignore the negativity and coldness of whoever throws it at you. They are in the minority. Don't let someone else's chipped shoulder bring you down. You are going through enough already.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hey exupsernaples. Did you have surgery or anything for your back? My husband has the sorta same thing, and going to a doc who wants to do radio transmitted nerve zapping or something.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Toon

Before surgery, try chiropractic. Most insurances will cover the treatments, and if it does not work, then you can always do surgery. Once you cut though, its too late for adjustments.

But do beware, there are chiroquacks out there too. Get references from the one you go to.

d