Old cars rotting away on your route?

texan

Mine was great in a straight line, it would lift the front wheels off the ground. You could buy a conversion kit back then that had headers and engine mounts in it. The Vega was actually designed to take a V-8, I just had to go to the dealer and order stronger front springs because it added about 300 pounds to it. The unibody construction couldn't handle the power though. Last time I saw my car, the guy that had bought it had busted the headers on speed bumps and the door was hard to shut because of the body twisting.
67 68 69 Camaros are like that also. Unibody.
If one has been raced at the track with 600 to 700 horse engines. The tell tail sign is the rear
windows do not roll up at all, or easily, as that power twisted it like a cork.

texan

See thread derailment.... I did it... Sorry The tread is old dead vehicles, and I went older GM / Chevy!!!

It is obvious, I am a late 50s to 74 GM man.

There is not one engine, one model one bore and stroke, power output I do not know very well.

1970 Buick 455, 1970 Chevelle 454, 1964 Belair / Impala 327, 1969 Nova, 1968 GTO's
1967 Pontiac Tempest, 1967 Vette 427, on and on. I am an older GM lover.

I

texan

My 1st car 1956 Ford friend-100 272 Y block, Borg Warner T-98 4-speed.
EXCELLENT Truck. A bear that would always start, and go, and could pull out a tree stump.

2nd one, 1964 Nova, 327 4 speed.

Many German cars in Germany, but then I had a 1965 Olds, 330 Powerglide.

Then a 1972 Pontiac Firebird, with the 350 pulled out, and a 1967 Pontiac 428 inserted in.

It had 2.73 rear end gears, and would do 65 to 70 in 1st (valves floating) 110 in 2nd, 145 to 150 in 3rd
with urine running down my leg, in fear with bias ply tires, and front end shake on the German Autobaun.

I then had a 1964 Belair 4-door, with a 283, Corvette "Double Hump Cylinder heads" 204 / 214 lift cam
1 5/8 inch headers, 1.52 roller rockers, Edlelbrock Perfomer Intake.

Then I wore out the 283, and put a 1970 GMC 4-bolt main 350 Truck block in that 64 Belair, with double
hump heads and a 350, 350 horse cam, etc...

Sorry, back to old ate up neglected on route autos.

Notretiredyet

My 1st car 1956 Ford friend-100 272 Y block, Borg Warner T-98 4-speed.
EXCELLENT Truck. A bear that would always start, and go, and could pull out a tree stump.

2nd one, 1964 Nova, 327 4 speed.

Many German cars in Germany, but then I had a 1965 Olds, 330 Powerglide.

Then a 1972 Pontiac Firebird, with the 350 pulled out, and a 1967 Pontiac 428 inserted in.

It had 2.73 rear end gears, and would do 65 to 70 in 1st (valves floating) 110 in 2nd, 145 to 150 in 3rd
with urine running down my leg, in fear with bias ply tires, and front end shake on the German Autobaun.

I then had a 1964 Belair 4-door, with a 283, Corvette "Double Hump Cylinder heads" 204 / 214 lift cam
1 5/8 inch headers, 1.52 roller rockers, Edlelbrock Perfomer Intake.

Then I wore out the 283, and put a 1970 GMC 4-bolt main 350 Truck block in that 64 Belair, with double
hump heads and a 350, 350 horse cam, etc...

Sorry, back to old ate up neglected on route autos.
And all this time I thought you were a Ford guy.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Growing up, my mom had a '57 Chevy 4 door hard top Bel Air in a rare salmon color, parked in the garage from the time we moved into the house. I bugged and bugged for her to let me have/buy it so I could attempt to restore. She kept telling me I would never get to it and refused to let me do anything with it. Then she sold it to a guy she worked with. I was mildly upset about it, but.....so be it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
This in not a PA thing, just a human nature of "I do not want to let it go".....

Nothing is better than the center of PA. So beautiful, and a wonder of our early fore fathers.

Mountains, beautiful farm land, corn, cows, chickens, and very nice people.

The PA Dutch, the farm land everywhere. I love to visit PA. It is one of many areas that are
original American, and hold to the past, the root of America. (Values, Respect / and a history lesson)

Living here, you tend to miss most of that. It's just everyday life here. :shrug: and most people here have a "grass is greener mentality" and don't realize how good we have it here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's a guy that has a sweet road runner sitting in a barn on a route I cover. Every time I deliver I ask if he's ready to sell. Nope gonna restore it.

In 6 years never seen it move or anything. Sad part is its in great shape. Looks like you could air up the tires wash and wax it and its be ready to roll. So sad.

texan

I like GM, but Mopars, older Mopars.........

Nothing like a 383, 440, 426 from the 70s. Guess you must wait until he passes (unfortunatley)
and perhaps aquire from his family / wife after he is gone. I have seen it so many times.
Rob_Js_1969_Road_Runner_zps9fe5c9b7.jpg

65Goat

Yes it's for real, there was a 4 doors that looked a lot like it about a mile from there. It disappeared about a year ago. Did anyone on here live near the guy that had 21 semi trailers stuffed full of rare cars and parts? I think it was in NE Wisconsin. The guy had several Vettes, a Yenko Camaro and several LS6 Chevelles all stored inside of these trailers parked end to end to prevent theft.

texan

Nothing like a 383, 440, 426 from the 70s. Guess you must wait until he passes (unfortunatley)
and perhaps aquire from his family / wife after he is gone. I have seen it so many times.

Brownslave688

Problem
Is he is like 45-50 and lives with his mom. She would sell it to me in a heart beat lol

Brownslave688

Yes it's for real, there was a 4 doors that looked a lot like it about a mile from there. It disappeared about a year ago. Did anyone on here live near the guy that had 21 semi trailers stuffed full of rare cars and parts? I think it was in NE Wisconsin. The guy had several Vettes, a Yenko Camaro and several LS6 Chevelles all stored inside of these trailers parked end to end to prevent theft.

There is another farmer I deliver to that has 3 barns full of old muscle cars. Plus probably a 1/4 acre of them lined up in his back yard. No clue what his plans are but there are some cars that in the right hands would be worth a ton.