Old cars rotting away on your route?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IDK, Iam in love, I got to go back and see it
I know it cannot be rebuilt, it is alone in a field, with other junk cars, much newer tho. I just have this connection with it. IDK why. I want to salvage what is left of it. Its not even a real popular item. It is so pretty, rustic, awesome. And I know I am alone, in my feeling, just like it is.
image.jpg

How about this one? This is such a cool looking car to me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know it cannot be rebuilt, it is alone in a field, with other junk cars, much newer tho. I just have this connection with it. IDK why. I want to salvage what is left of it. Its not even a real popular item. It is so pretty, rustic, awesome. And I know I am alone, in my feeling, just like it is.

The sad thing is if the owner knows someone is interested in the grill and a few other trinkets off it he will all of a sudden think its worth thousands. If not asked he will let it sit there and rot. People can be really stupid when it comes to "treasures".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The sad thing is if the owner knows someone is interested in the grill and a few other trinkets off it he will all of a sudden think its worth thousands. If not asked he will let it sit there and rot. People can be really stupid when it comes to "treasures".
Ive seen that, and then watch them rot into the ground. Especially around here, with four seasons.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would offer 500, and take what I want, thats as high as I would go. Although my husband says it is a flat head v8.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Those old cars had personality. They didn't all look the same from every manufacturer where practicality and efficiency were all that mattered.
I agree. There will never be any collectibles from now on. I was behind a Maseratti the other day and it looked no different than a chevrolet.