Old cars rotting away on your route?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You dont see a lot of these any more, its a 50's vintage Studebaker. Its been sitting there in the same spot since before I started delivering there over 18 years ago.

86BE4263-BE09-4AE2-8A43-ED171CBE9250-2007-0000022BEECB0FA3_zpsd7e4d8b2.jpg

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You might be thinking more of Dennis Gage of My Classic Car. Leno does know a lot but has a complete staff he pays to do his resto work. He really seems to go for the odd things and stays away from mainstream stuff that's easy to get parts for. He likes the challenge to his wallet and his mind I guess.

As far as the new muscle whipping old muscle....I'm not a big believer. The old muscle was let out of the factory with sloppy tolerences. We used to machine, balance, re-cam, etc., etc. We did things back then in our garages that factories do now to the new muscle. I knew local guys who would make it far at the U.S. Nationals in the stock classes with 8.5-1 compression motors. A few could pull the front wheels with 3800lb. cars. I remember 4cyl. Iron Duke Novas running in the 12's.

2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 vs. Mark Stielow's Red Devil '69 Camaro - HOT ROD Unlimited Episode 13 - YouTube

Off course it IS a built 69

Rico

do these people know the price of scrape metal is at an all time high. There is probably 5-6 or 7 hundred bucks just rusting away in the woods there.

Are you kidding? Scrap? The owner will swear it was running when they parked it there.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I almost had one just like it that belonged to my uncle.(49) My cousin got it first, sat on it for the better part of a decade, and then sold it!:angry:. It was all there. I still have the owner's manual somewhere.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Usually, you find the classic old cars in the barns. This is a 70's vintage 944 Porsche that has spent the last 20 years sitting underneath a barn.

51F321FB-4DEA-4571-A390-FD5DCF5AC1DF-3268-0000047A7D3CA802_zps2f01789b.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
OK it's not rotting,but it sure is ugly.
IMG_20130401_120055_zps75184405.jpg

Unfortunately it will be years before that ugly thing rusts away. I suggest they bring it to Minnesota and drive it on our overly salted in the winter roads. That should speed the process up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Unfortunately it will be years before that ugly thing rusts away. I suggest they bring it to Minnesota and drive it on our overly salted in the winter roads. That should speed the process up.
Maybe it's the new award....Mary Kay's Avalanche Level sales !!!

I like how someone has the stones to put a shop banner on the window and say " this is our best work"