Old cars rotting away on your route?

003.jpg

My loyal HHR met an untimely end so it was off to find something new to drive. Many times I built this car exactly on the Ford website. Fate put the two of us together.
003.jpg

slantnosechevy

I presume by the pictures you mean the LA 318 amd not the old Polysphere 318. They were good too. Just remember to decarbon the choke crossover.

If I remember correctly the older 318's were the first to have angle plug heads. Torque motors for sure. At first glance they looked like a lot more cubes than 318. I loved the old push button shift automatics.......way ahead of their time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I remember correctly the older 318's were the first to have angle plug heads. Torque motors for sure. At first glance they looked like a lot more cubes than 318. I loved the old push button shift automatics.......way ahead of their time.

A chevy guy talking about Mopars?

slantnosechevy

A chevy guy talking about Mopars?

I had a few Mopars.....'62 Fury 2dr 318, '65 Dodge Coronet 383ci, 4-speed, dual point dist.,& posi ....all factory, and a '68 Charger 383ci TorqueFlight .....'65 GTO 389 4-speed 3x2's, 390 gear...'68 Firebird Ram Air 400 w/turbo 400 & 355 gear. ,(2)'69 SS396-375hp Chevelles, '70 SS396-375hp(402) Nova,4-speed, 488 gear all factory with granny package from the dealer. No SS tags, 307 tags on the fenders, blackwall F70's and hubcaps, radio heater delete, and floor mats and bench seat. I later put an L-88 in it. '70 Chevy shortbed fleetside w/502, and my dad's '55 Chevy Special delivery w/ the orig. 265v8 3-speed on the tree.

DiadDude

67s are completely different cars. '68 ad '69 are very similar to each other. Blow it up to 400% and you can make out the round rear marker light to show it's a '68 not a '69.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Any ideas what this is? I know it's Mopar, but no idea on make and model. It appears to have had some sort of "ornamental" hood scoops. It looks like it could have been a pretty mean car back in the day.

Definitely has potential. B bodies are very solid cars.

GM's answer to the PT Cruiser?

Yes, only better looking IMO. Owned it since new. Put 144k reliable miles on it and it was going to be around another five years easy before some chuckle head made a kamakazi left and hit my wife head on in it. Lost a great car but most importantly she walked away.
image.jpg

65Goat

I had a few Mopars.....'62 Fury 2dr 318, '65 Dodge Coronet 383ci, 4-speed, dual point dist.,& posi ....all factory, and a '68 Charger 383ci TorqueFlight .....'65 GTO 389 4-speed 3x2's, 390 gear...'68 Firebird Ram Air 400 w/turbo 400 & 355 gear. ,(2)'69 SS396-375hp Chevelles, '70 SS396-375hp(402) Nova,4-speed, 488 gear all factory with granny package from the dealer. No SS tags, 307 tags on the fenders, blackwall F70's and hubcaps, radio heater delete, and floor mats and bench seat. I later put an L-88 in it. '70 Chevy shortbed fleetside w/502, and my dad's '55 Chevy Special delivery w/ the orig. 265v8 3-speed on the tree.

That's a pretty nice resume, I'm sure there are a few in there you'd like to have back. I'm partial to Pontiacs, so the Tiger and the Bird stand out to me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I learned to drive in a rusty old 1967 friend-100 2-wheel drive pickup with the 300 straight 6 motor and 4 speed manual with compound low first gear. Manual steering, and a hole in the dash where the AM radio used to be. Had a big bench seat with holes in it covered with duct tape and a blanket. It was pretty much identical to the P-600 package cars I would start my UPS career in a few years later. My friends called it the "birth control mobile" because it was so ugly that no girl in her right mind would ever go for a ride in it. My dad told me "son, once you can learn to to drive this, anything else you ever drive will be a piece of cake." The old bastard was right. That truck kept me out of trouble in more ways than one, I never got laid in it and on a good day with a tailwind and my foot all the way to the floor it topped out at around 65MPH with that old motor screaming.

texan

That's a pretty nice resume, I'm sure there are a few in there you'd like to have back. I'm partial to Pontiacs, so the Tiger and the Bird stand out to me.
My deam car would be to have another Early 70s Firebird with a 428 in it.

I know they did not come that way.

The rod to stroke ratio are great on the 428 and the tourque output was very good on those engines.

My deam car would be to have another Early 70s Firebird with a 428 in it.

I know they did not come that way.

The rod to stroke ratio are great on the 428 and the tourque output was very good on those engines.

The nice thing about pontiacs is that all the v8s were the same size. Only the deck height changed. You could pull a 326 and plug in a 455 with only minor work.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
67s are completely different cars. '68 ad '69 are very similar to each other. Blow it up to 400% and you can make out the round rear marker light to show it's a '68 not a '69.

Got me! But the one on the front fender seems to be missing.