old drivers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So a little old lady almost killed me today when she blew through a stop sign doing at least 50 MPH. I slammed on the brakes and slammed the horn for at least 5 solid seconds. She never so much as glanced at me or even tapped the breaks. I believe everyone over the age of 65-70 should have to take a driving test at least every other year if not every year. I have had many many more close calls because of senior citizens than I have because of teenagers. Driving is a privilege not a right and should be treated as such!!!

UPSGUY72

So a little old lady almost killed me today when she blew through a stop sign doing at least 50 MPH. I slammed on the brakes and slammed the horn for at least 5 solid seconds. She never so much as glanced at me or even tapped the breaks. I believe everyone over the age of 65-70 should have to take a driving test at least every other year if not every year. I have had many many more close calls because of senior citizens than I have because of teenagers. Driving is a privilege not a right and should be treated as such!!!

Good thing you where following the methods and looking LRL and clear the intersection before going through it. There are a lot of people out on the road that shouldn't be driving not just older people.

What about the UPS drivers that are over 65 do they need to take a driving test every year???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Good thing you where following the methods and looking LRL and clear the intersection before going through it. There are a lot of people out on the road that shouldn't be driving not just older people.

What about the UPS drivers that are over 65 do they need to take a driving test every year???

They do. It's called an OJS.

Maybe is you knew your depth of knowledge verbatim you wouldn't keep being involved in these situations!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes I mean there may be a few of them that don't belong let's face it no one thinks they are a bad driver. Take my own father ffor example the mans quick decision making skills are terrible my future kids will not be allowed in a vehicle if he is driving. The best part was it wasn't a conventional intersection it was two blacktop highways one with a stop sign one without luckily it was on a turn and I was able to go straight and avoid her.

satellitedriver

Brownslave688,
I am an older UPS driver that has driven over a million miles, mainly on country roads.
Every vehicle on the road is a threat to you, no matter the age of the other driver.
Just last night, I came upon a "thirty something" year old woman that had taken out 100 yards of fence line on a back country road.
It was a bull fence. 5" posts set every 6ft, hog wire on the bottom and two strands of barb on the top.
She was doing 70mph on a road that should be driven at a safe speed of 35.
Luckily, her baby was in a car seat and no one got hurt, except her SUV and the fence.
She was texting.
Ironically, that same morning I delivered to an 80yr old man that I have known for years.
He stopped me when I was going back to my pkg car and had a serious look on his face.
This is exactly what he said to me;
" I am a firm believer in the law of averages, and you live on the road.
Be damn careful out there."
True wisdom.

kingOFchester

I try to stay away from the old drivers, the young drivers, the Patel drivers, the Kim drivers, the cell phone drivers, the texting drivers, the soccer mom's in SUV's, Fedex drivers, DHL drivers......leave's about 17.3% of the drivers that I feel some what safe around. For me, the most stressful part of the job is navigating the streets.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I try to stay away from the old drivers, the young drivers, the Patel drivers, the Kim drivers, the cell phone drivers, the texting drivers, the soccer mom's in SUV's, Fedex drivers, DHL drivers......leave's about 17.3% of the drivers that I feel some what safe around. For me, the most stressful part of the job is navigating the streets.
Im with you.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

To the point and politically correct. I worry about my Supe on the road. He is constantly speeding, eating or on the phone.

brownedout

Going home from work Fri night I was exiting one Interstate into another. The car beside me on the right was just cruising along with me making no attempt to speed up, slow down, nothing. That lane I was in feeds each road, his just the road I was to be entering. At the very last minute s/he starts coming into to my lane, without signalling their intentions of course. After sitting on my horn they pull off, dramatically speed up, signal in, and cut in and across me. Intuition told me the whole time this person might be coming in. I was able to tap my brake to the point I wasn't endangering the car behind me. I really didn't want to speed up to clear them, in another few yards I would have been under radar of a known high enforcement area, and was already 5 mph over. I don't know what gender this person was, don't know their nationality, nor their age. And don't really care! Do know that if the driver beside them weren't a professional they would have caused one doosey of an accident. Expect the unexpected, not really, just treat every driver as if they SUCK! Because a full 75-80% really do.

over9five

Staff member
Going home from work Fri night I was exiting one Interstate into another. The car beside me on the right was just cruising along with me making no attempt to speed up, slow down, nothing. That lane I was in feeds each road, his just the road I was to be entering. At the very last minute s/he starts coming into to my lane, without signalling their intentions of course. After sitting on my horn they pull off, dramatically speed up, signal in, and cut in and across me. Intuition told me the whole time this person might be coming in. I was able to tap my brake to the point I wasn't endangering the car behind me. I really didn't want to speed up to clear them, in another few yards I would have been under radar of a known high enforcement area, and was already 5 mph over. I don't know what gender this person was, don't know their nationality, nor their age. And don't really care! Do know that if the driver beside them weren't a professional they would have caused one doosey of an accident. Expect the unexpected, not really, just treat every driver as if they SUCK! Because a full 75-80% really do.

Ahh, my new signature line. Thank you!