Old sheep drivers ; rant

Indecisi0n

Whats going on with you "old timers?" I use to totally respect all of you for all the work you put in and the amount of time you been at UPS. Now i am seeing about 50% of guys with at least 15 years, shipping lunchs, be taken of their routes when they shouldn't be and all working past 9.5. Not one driver files on anything! I had a driver come get my pickup pcs at 6:00PM and he says "I was trying to take my lunch and they made me come get your pickups." I laughed in his face. These grown men bitch like little children all day long but that's all they do. I pray to god its not like this in every center. I hope we are the only ones with aging sheep.

rocket man

some may be old sheeps but they made it to be old sheeps little lambs like you get slaughtered (bahhhhha (baaahhhhhhhh ugh

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Whats going on with you "old timers?" I use to totally respect all of you for all the work you put in and the amount of time you been at UPS. Now i am seeing about 50% of guys with at least 15 years, shipping lunchs, be taken of their routes when they shouldn't be and all working past 9.5. Not one driver files on anything! I had a driver come get my pickup pcs at 6:00PM and he says "I was trying to take my lunch and they made me come get your pickups." I laughed in his face. These grown men bitch like little children all day long but that's all they do. I pray to god its not like this in every center. I hope we are the only ones with aging sheep.

so, you're admitting older drivers can out-deliver you so badly that they have time to come get your pickups?

1337669272501.jpg

no one's saying you shouldn't take your lunch, but it sounds like you're not exactly walking at a brisk pace either..
1337669272501.jpg

oldupsman

I came to the conclusion a long time ago there are always going to be drivers who will skip their lunch, For whatever reason.
You can give them all the numbers you want, they're not going to change. I never let it bother me.
Me? I took my lunch every day. And every center manager I had knew it. And respected me for it. Except for one.
We butted heads for awhile. But here's the thing about center manager's. They come and they go. Oldupsman was still there.

Indecisi0n

It does bother me guys don't take their lunch but what bothers me more is when they say" the office said there wasn't help and I was forced not to take a lunch" They sit there and bitch about it all day. I say no YOU decided to not take your lunch. It's not your fault they over dispatched you.

Johney

I take my lunch and just for calling me an old sheep I'm gonna work there for 35+ years so you young guys will NEVER go up the seniority list. Ha ha ha! Take that you LAMB!

oldupsman

It does bother me guys don't take their lunch but what bothers me more is when they say" the office said there wasn't help and I was forced not to take a lunch" They sit there and bitch about it all day. I say no YOU decided to not take your lunch. It's not your fault they over dispatched you.

Well, I agree with you there.

rocket man

listen you know everything and your much better than us, you said all you have to say get off the site . you really make this site brown (hint your full of it