Omaha Steaks...

bluehdmc

They used to come in to Parsippany on Sundays, (with contract carriers), on monday you'd open a door on a trailer to check your load and the co2 from the dri-ice would just about kill you.

over9five

Staff member
They used to come in to Parsippany on Sundays, (with contract carriers), on monday you'd open a door on a trailer to check your load and the co2 from the dri-ice would just about kill you.

Once while shifting I had a move. Got to the trailer and it was covered in thick frost, even the glad hands. "Strange", I'm thinking, "It's not even cold out!".
Turns out it was 100% Omaha Steaks!

brett636

We used to get those trailers all the time in my neck of the woods back when I first started, but I haven't seen an omaha steak trailer in quite a few years. They were awesome trailers to get to unload or sort during the summer.

BrownEvo

I remember those days, except I was a loader for the front wall :]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Omaha Steaks has taken a big hit due to the economy. We have a company here called Home Bistro which prepares and packages prepared meals. I have been told that their meals are very good but they are also a victim of the slow economy and are in the process of reorganizing. Discretionary spending has obviously taken a big hit during this economy.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Omaha Steaks has taken a big hit due to the economy. We have a company here called Home Bistro which prepares and packages prepared meals. I have been told that their meals are very good but they are also a victim of the slow economy and are in the process of reorganizing. Discretionary spending has obviously taken a big hit during this economy.
Could be because Omaha Steaks are severely overpriced. You can go to the local butcher shop and get the best cut of meat they have and spend a fraction of what Omaha charges.

over9five

Staff member
Yup, we used to occassionally buy Omaha Steaks. It's really top of the line steak, but it's top of the line priced, too.
We used to have it sent as gifts too, but a 99 gift certificate is just as good and a lot cheaper!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Omaha Steaks are great for portion control if you are watching your weight. I agree they are overpriced and I can do much better at my local grocery store.