On road sup

Popeye

The pension "enhancement" for those with a DOB post 1979 is a big factor, I think. There will be far fewer lifers.
This is by design. They don't want people spending their whole careers with UPS anymore. They are attempting to dumb-down as many jobs as they can to make everyone easily replaceable.

ManInBrown

The crap drivers talk on here about management health benefits remind me of a spoiled teenager driving around in a brand new Lexus looking down his nose at his classmate's Accord. Yes, the Lexus is nicer, but they both get you were you need to go comfortably. meh.

Management is certainly not for everyone. Probably the biggest difference is that there is way more flexibility in the relationship between you and your boss than with an hourly. This cuts both ways. If your boss hates you, he has more flexibility to try and fire you or to try and make your life a living hell to get you to quit than with the union. The converse is also true. I knew a manager who was well respected by his superiors who had an unexpected death in the family. There was no 3 days for funeral travel or whatever is in the contract. It was take whatever time you need, I think he was off for 2 weeks, maybe a bit longer. No vacation time used, all of it paid, no stopping of benefits, no forms to fill out, just go do what you need to do. For me, that was always preferable to the rigidity of the union/employer relationship, but it's not for everyone and I respect that.
Lol at you making a drivers life a living hell. Maybe a scaredy cat nail biter who shows up 90 minutes prior to start time everyday, or a newbie. 90% of package drivers could not care less about your or any other managements scare tactics. I thought it was hilarious when I got called in the office for stealing 3 seconds of time because I sneezed. You’re giving your brethren and yourself way to much credit. When I was in package I knew drivers they were dying to fire for years. 3 hours over everyday. Guess what? Every last one was still there when I left. You guys can’t fire anyone, short of cardinal sins. Lol. Make someone’s life a living hell. Lol.

brownIEman

Lol at you making a drivers life a living hell. Maybe a scaredy cat nail biter who shows up 90 minutes prior to start time everyday, or a newbie. 90% of package drivers could not care less about your or any other managements scare tactics. I thought it was hilarious when I got called in the office for stealing 3 seconds of time because I sneezed. You’re giving your brethren and yourself way to much credit. When I was in package I knew drivers they were dying to fire for years. 3 hours over everyday. Guess what? Every last one was still there when I left. You guys can’t fire anyone, short of cardinal sins. Lol. Make someone’s life a living hell. Lol.

Hmm. Ok.

If you actually read my post, you did not comprehend it. I was specifically talking about management employee/employer relations, not drivers.

But if ranting was cathartic for you in some way, I'm all for it.

Dr.Brownz

Either you or your Sups are poorly informed. Management hours are SALARY. One is never working for free. They get a SALARY regardless of the hours worked. It’s not difficult people

If they are being paid a fixed amount based on a 40 hour week and constantly work 60 hours, they are working for free or for very cheap.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yep.... many of these old time sups would never be able to make it 30-40 years at this job if they had to start their careers right now.....@monkeyass..@dragon
Not to mention that I would not work for UPS now as a twenty something.
It was a good deal back then ... now UPS is only for the desperate with no other options.

UPSER1987

Yep. I told my sup I would never take a salaried job that requires tons of overtime. He claimed there is a way for him to get extra pay. UPS management lying again
I don’t think you’re Sup is lying...I think he’s laughing at you for actually believing him. You’re getting played son.

I don’t think you’re Sup is lying...I think he’s laughing at you for actually believing him. You’re getting played son.
But they will often get extra days off if they work excessive hours, or Saturdays. I used to get paid extra to double shift. 25 years ago.

Dr.Brownz

In what way am I "getting played"? My sup is the loser who has to lie about making more money than he actually does. Not sure how you think he benefits in anyway.

UPSER1987

And you’re the loser that actually believed him, which is getting played. No one benefits, it’s just actually funny that you believed that enough to post it here. Played.