On This Labor Day

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Happy Labor Day.

I found a Job that might give us some appretiation 2 our own.

I was reflecting on jobs a little more intense then our own and thought of the guys that maintain towers.

Check out tis clip. The 1st 30 sec just chatter but then it gets good.

Kinda relieves me of my own stress to look at others every now and then.

We do have a tough job but this is 1 career I would never want.

Very few moments of safety in this career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvCuc1_mgM&feature=featured

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How about climbing up that tower, and then jumping off?

[video=youtube;iiTCQIo3YL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiTCQIo3YL0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

over9five

Staff member
I could just imagine his sup watching that remotely. He'll get a warning letter tomorrow, he should be climbing 4 steps per minute faster.

old levi's

blank space
I'd get up there and realize the empty space in my tool pouch is exactly the tool I must have. Back down to the truck.
Or worse, get up there and have a gut pain.

P

pickup

My friend did this job for about 3 days. I don't think he climbed that high. The reason he quit is that found himself being dizzy and a little bit disoriented after climbing up towers that radiated microwaves(which is what I believe most cell phone towers radiate). He kept this info to himself until on his third day he was bleeding a little bit from his nose. He said to his co-workers something like " Godddamn it, I got a nosebleed" . The other co-workers laughed at him and then one of them told him, that the reason why he was experiencing all that he was experiencing was due to the close exposure to the microwaves when he got a 1/2 a foot from the transmitter. They told him he would get used to it after a while.

Well he thought about it that night , knew he had some other options , and never went back.

I don't know about you, but I don't call him a quitter.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
rumor has it the guy that made this video lost his job after this surfaced because it showed him un attached to his safety harness. it was a common practice to expedite the process but an OSHA lawyers seen it and thought otherwise.

either way, the stones it takes to climb that tower have to kill your back carrying them around all day