"On Topic" Bad Attendance

Friday Night

In over a year of working here I've called in 6 times. Is that actually considered bad attendance or is my boss just busting my balls?
If I have sick time is it frowned on to use it? I've never gotten talked to about this per se but I've been told a couple times that my attendance is bad and that I need to improve but at the same time I see guys getting away with calling in multiple times a week and just showing up for the last 2 hrs of the day or not even showing up at all with zero consequences.

km3

In over a year of working here I've called in 6 times. Is that actually considered bad attendance or is my boss just busting my balls?
If I have sick time is it frowned on to use it? I've never gotten talked to about this per se but I've been told a couple times that my attendance is bad and that I need to improve but at the same time I see guys getting away with calling in multiple times a week and just showing up for the last 2 hrs of the day or not even showing up at all with zero consequences.

6 times in over a year is nothing. We've got people that have over 10 no call no shows just since January who haven't been hassled about it. They don't do anything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I never understood this. The company agrees to a number of sick days, therefore, they assume you may be out of work that many days as normal. If not, why agree to it?

Box Ox

Doesn’t matter what your sups think of your sick time use. It’s yours. Management will always bitch and have some sort of issue with you. Their jobs depend on it. And they’re definitely not your friends. So don’t worry about what they think.

JustDeliverIt

They will couple that with on time attendance as well. Are you late often??

Zowert

We have a new driver, not even finished with his thirty days, that has no call no showed twice (and called in for one). He was a preloader that was known to simply not show up for work. We must be desperate for drivers because they haven’t fired him at a time when they could easily do so. But we have like five drivers out on injuries, so...

BrownThunder

I think it depends on where you're working, what your relationship is like with management and how pressed they are for route coverage.

In my last center, if you called in you were getting a letter. The stewards would make it go away but a letter was issued. In my new center I have not been denied a day off since I started, and have not been written up for it once.

Friday Night

They will couple that with on time attendance as well. Are you late often??
No. I overslept once and and came in an hour late but only once. Outside of that I'm usually 10 min early.
I think it depends on where you're working, what your relationship is like with management and how pressed they are for route coverage.
I'm on preload. I have a decent enough relationship with my supervisors. I'm a hard worker and I do as I'm told. Never had any issues with supervisors outside of them being nonplussed when I refuse to come in 4 hrs before my shift starts.
File a grievance
The dude is notorious for being incredibly petty/a huge dick I don't think I want to open that can of worms.

TheFigurehead

If you are pt, most of the time it doesn't matter so long as you are a decent worker and out of your probationary period. They can't get bodies in the door, and when they do, they quit within the first 90 days. If you show up more often than not, you're fine. When they actually start to give a :censored2:, you'll get a warning letter.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No. I overslept once and and came in an hour late but only once. Outside of that I'm usually 10 min early.

I'm on preload. I have a decent enough relationship with my supervisors. I'm a hard worker and I do as I'm told. Never had any issues with supervisors outside of them being nonplussed when I refuse to come in 4 hrs before my shift starts.

The dude is notorious for being incredibly petty/a huge dick I don't think I want to open that can of worms.
I would save the greviance for when a warning letter shows up. Just work for your drivers and give zero s*s about your supervisors numbers. Do not attempt to fix or even acknlwedge the issues you face as long as somehow, at some pace, things eventually end up in the truck, in order, without misloads.

J.R.

You get punished for using your sick time? I've never heard of that. My boss usually pushes me to use mine.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you don’t want to man up

Quit bitching

margaritaville

Just use it up, who cares, its your right. But make you don't take it to the point where you are getting multiple warning letters, etc. Just ease up a bit than do it again once it resets.

Last edited:

In2Deep?

They will take whatever you’re willing to give and then they’ll push for more. Cover your wounds or else those vampires will suck you dry

IESucks

You have bad attendance period. Worry bout yourself not the other guy. Oh and grow up and go to work like ur spose to

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I would save the greviance for when a warning letter shows up. Just work for your drivers and give zero s*s about your supervisors numbers. Do not attempt to fix or even acknlwedge the issues you face as long as somehow, at some pace, things eventually end up in the truck, in order, without misloads.

You file the grievances to help establish a case for harassment as it continues.

km3

You have bad attendance period. Worry bout yourself not the other guy. Oh and grow up and go to work like ur spose to

I agree that he should worry about himself, but 6 call ins in over a year is not even close to "bad." The guy who missed 22 days for the year before the end of April has bad attendance. The guy on his 14th discharge letter has bad attendance. 6 in over a year is damn near perfect by today's standards.

IESucks

I agree that he should worry about himself, but 6 call ins in over a year is not even close to "bad." The guy who missed 22 days for the year before the end of April has bad attendance. The guy on his 14th discharge letter has bad attendance. 6 in over a year is damn near perfect by today's standards.
Sorry. I disagree. Must be by your standards.