"On Topic" The Good News Non-Christians Enter At Your Own Risk!

You've Got Mail

23WlWuC.png

Last edited:

Rainman

Its all good.
If you had to define the word: Sheol, how would you?
Like a purgatory, somewhere not really heaven or hell, where the dead wait to be judged. A holding tank more or less.
So the people who died before Christ really weren't screwed because they lived before him. The righteous living people got the chance to accept what Jesus had done for the payment of their sins.

Jesus and I are cool. He's there for me when I need him and when I don't know I'll need him yet. I've lost my faith in him at times and even damned him which I was scared about for a long time. Haven't lost my faith in a long while. I've had some tough times but I still have my faith. I'm sure some things will come around that will try my faith and maybe even cause me to curse him again. I hope I don't but I am only a human.
We as people are flawed but I sometimes wonder why a person that never know Jesus that lives somewhere where he or she doesn't have the option but live a good righteous life can go to heaven. I'm thinking they will have their own shot to go to heaven also.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

Rainman

Its all good.
Everything happened in the last 2000 years on a planet billions of years old. Call me skeptical.
People think the earth is billions of years old, but at one time they thought the world was flat. There is a lot of guess work based on assumptions that may not be true. Don't believe everything that scientists say, or what the government says either. Plenty of people in both places that are full of shiz that are just trying to justify their jobs.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Gotta figure out how the beer will stay cold first. And i just remembered hell means the same as peak season , so i dont want to go. I heard they dont serve nuts. Im a sleep in Christian. Do i get a free pass?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

There must needs be opposition in all things. If GOD were to prevent evil then we would not know the sweetness of good?

upschuck

Then he is malevolent.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
There is evil in the world because of sin, and God is not mocked, therefore, bad things happen. How many things did not happen to you because of His intervening, that is something we won't know in this life. All things work together for good for those that love the Lord. Nobody is perfect, some are just forgiven.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
People think the earth is billions of years old, but at one time they thought the world was flat. There is a lot of guess work based on assumptions that may not be true. Don't believe everything that scientists say, or what the government says either. Plenty of people in both places that are full of shiz that are just trying to justify their jobs.
The church also believed the world was flat and the center of the universe. If they had an in with the big guy, why did they get it wrong?

Rainman

Its all good.
The church also believed the world was flat and the center of the universe. If they had an in with the big guy, why did they get it wrong?
Quite often something that starts out good can go off track after a few generations. The Catholic Church vs the Protestant reformation.
Look at what Jim Casey started vs what we have today.