One govt program to cut

browndevil

So the rich have had their tax cuts and jobs have been lost or relocated to other countries. Where are the jobs the rich were supposed to create? Sorry I don't buy that logic. Their job is to save companies money by outsoucing. One reason Carly Fiorina lost her senate bid here in California. While she was CEO of HP she outsourced some 30 thousand jobs.
The rich just want to get rich on the backs of us working class, bottom line.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Use the military to seal the border, deport all illegals; especially all the current inmates.
Don't cry to me about how it's impossible to deport them, it's been done in the past.
Less inmates in our jails = more $$ for other programs.
Less people looking for handouts = more $$ for other programs.
Sealed borders = drug traffic stops, fewer people overcrowding our hospitals with sickness that we had erased from our shores, no chance of Mexico's war spilling over to our side.
You take away the profits from drug trafficing and Mexico's drug war goes away.

bbsam

Staff member
Now if the Democrats are smart, they will let the Bush tax cuts expire and propose the Obama tax cuts that are basically the Bush tax cuts up to $250,000. Put it out there and make the Republicans either vote FOR and Obama initiative or essentially block the bill and be branded as the tax increase party by the vast majority of the populace.

over9five

Staff member
Now if the Democrats are smart, they will let the Bush tax cuts expire and propose the Obama tax cuts that are basically the Bush tax cuts up to $250,000. Put it out there and make the Republicans either vote FOR and Obama initiative or essentially block the bill and be branded as the tax increase party by the vast majority of the populace.

That's a pretty transparent trick and I don't think it would fly, but Obama did say his administration would be transparent!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Ummmmm.....

wkmac

That's a pretty transparent trick and I don't think it would fly, but Obama did say his administration would be transparent!

Over,

Politics is in fact Strategic warfare and this type actions by bothsides happen all the time. One side will create what is a fiction in the hopes of hooking in the otherside and once they take the bait, they turn it on them. You don't think Kennedy for example used his ideas on education that were the foundation of "No Child Left Behind" towards some higher purpose but rather as a trade off for democrat support for Bush's war and then later on in backchannels, the democrats in their own astroturf if you will beat Bush over the head as an education liberal for carrying Kennedy water eg Bush is a closet liberal. They knew what Bush was, they were just trying to scare the red-state crowd at the next election cycle.

If something is so wonderful, why let someone else put their name and fingerprint on it and more important, why let the opposing party get all the credit? Clinton and Gore publically stated they had an idea to privatize social security not unlike the Bush idea yet how did the republicans respond? Impeachment ring a bell? When the repubs' brought up basically the same idea during the Bush years, the democrats rightly responded then, "Oh no, Homey ain't gonna play that now!" In other words, the rules and advantage had changed so we're gonna do something else for now.

Even in legislation itself, you might say for example find some section purposed in an agriculture bill that does such and so and it effects to the positive a certain Congressman or even a political party. But then in transportation bill, the opposing party who might see an opportunity to profit in a certain district or state in the next election will include in a transportation bill, legislation that completely negates any benefit from the agricultural bill. The Congressman or party after the Agri bill passed told certain voters that such and such benefits would come to them and when the Transportation bill counters this, the Congressman and/or his party look like liars to the voters and then the opposing party exploits this come election time. This crap happens all the time and bothsides do it nonstop to each other. To them, it's just a political game they feed on but to average folk like us, it could mean everything.

It's all gamesmanship so never forget that.

bbsam

Staff member
That it is transparent in no way circumvents the campaign ads in 2012 pointing out that Republican Joe S voted with his parrty against middle class tax cuts. Swing voters will be swayed.

over9five

Staff member
That it is transparent in no way circumvents the campaign ads in 2012 pointing out that Republican Joe S voted with his parrty against middle class tax cuts. Swing voters will be swayed.

Like Obama, you are calling the People stupid.

Unfortunately in this example, you are probably right. Two years is an eternity.

bbsam

Staff member
Not stupid, just wanting what the want when they want it. In other words, I am calling the voting public childish.

mbartok

for the life of me i ll never understand why working people fall for the gop party politics of fear and hate. The problems of this country aren t people on welfare,or medicare ,medicaid,ssi, acorn,the new black panther party. The only problems this country has are : A corrupt business and financial system,a corrupt political system and a corrupt media that doesn't expose either

over9five

Staff member
for the life of me i ll never understand why working people fall for the gop party politics of fear and hate. The problems of this country aren t people on welfare,or medicare ,medicaid,ssi, acorn,the new black panther party. The only problems this country has are : A corrupt business and financial system,a corrupt political system and a corrupt media that doesn't expose either

Wow....just a GOP thing, huh? Lucky we have all those fine upstanding Democrats to fix things up! How long have they been in control of Congress and what have they fixed in that time?