One govt program to cut

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So it is Ok for the people scamming the system, while we work. And neither party does anything about it. We all have to be accountable, they dont. They get free everything and people want to say it is a drop in the bucket.
In my humble opinion it DOES matter. Food stamps shouldnt buy pop, red bull, ho hos, and candy. It should be for nutritional food only, and people need to learn to cook. The WIC program is much better.
Since govt wants to tell us what we should eat, why dont they tell those who need assistance how to eat?
Since we should save energy, why do people getting help have the heat on high, and open a window to cool it down? Because it doesnt come out of their pocket, it comes out of yours, and mine. There might not be a lot of scamming, I think there is. Any amount is too much. Every bit counts.
If people need help thats fine. People who are struggling without help, get hammered, and dont buy crap for food.
And I think Congress and the senate should all go home. Get "go to meeting" for all of them, close down the capital building, they can grandstand on PC. No security, no motels, no planes. Give them a car, a green energy one. Then they will be right where they need to be to listen to their constituents.
They can vote on line, and everything will be on their pc. No raises when the country is in a recession. When they start getting things done, by the will of the people, who can visit them in their hometowns, we will vote for their raise.
I could add a few more, but I wont bother, Im sure there is a reason they must be in Washington.........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jim Trafficant line. There is no intelligence on the floor of congress, now....before...ever....dont know what the cloud thing is, have to ask Jones...

The cloud thing is a new service offered by Microsoft through Windows Live. It allows you to access files from your home or work computer from another computer. It also allows other authorized users to do the same. This is really convenient when you have a work group all working on the same project from different locations or if you are stuck at the airport and want to catch up on some TV shows that you recorded.

wkmac

Wow....just a GOP thing, huh? Lucky we have all those fine upstanding Democrats to fix things up! How long have they been in control of Congress and what have they fixed in that time?

Over,

You are correct but turn around and apply the same standard to the GOP and when they controlled the whole ball of wax!

Bothsides are running us "we the people" in circles for a very good reason but all we have to do to stop it is step off the merry-go-round and choose to do something else for a change.

over9five

Staff member
Over,

You are correct but turn around and apply the same standard to the GOP and when they controlled the whole ball of wax!

Bothsides are running us "we the people" in circles for a very good reason but all we have to do to stop it is step off the merry-go-round and choose to do something else for a change.

Oh I know, believe me I know both do it! No reason to just blame one party and I don't see any change coming. Most people seem handcuffed to that merry go round even tho they have the cuff key!

wkmac

Oh I know, believe me I know both do it! No reason to just blame one party and I don't see any change coming. Most people seem handcuffed to that merry go round even tho they have the cuff key!

As every day passes, a few more use that key but just as important and maybe moreso are the scores and scores of folks who are at least looking at that key and actually thinking about it! An example is the Opt Out thing on Wednesday and I never expected to much just because at this point most people are still wanting to just get where they are going but the fact that so many people were vocal and it became such a big issue in the larger conversation. It also became big enough that even the State itself could not ignore it and began issueing veiled threats leading up to Wednesday. I see this only as positive in that maybe the gov't might give some pause or thought in driving us like the cattle that we are.

I even got tickled that the group of weekday morning "sitting hens" chackled about it as well but what I thought was most interesting was how they objected to a purely, personal choice of a truly voluntary way if someone wanted to opt out. Besides, do any of us really think these broads, especially Babara Walters flies commercial anyway!

[video=youtube;eEYhGyLCZko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEYhGyLCZko&feature=player_embedded[/video]

My wife and I were out in the car last week and wanted a traffic report and the best station also carries Sean Hannity. I'm actually glad I heard him as a lady called to talk in support of opt out mainly to protect her kids and here was Sean talking it down and telling her it was wrong. He also glowingly proclaimed his kids would go throw and if need be go through the patdown and he had no problem with it and he said this was going to happen as his family was flying out of town for T-giving. Hmmm, with all I've heard of Sean and his private jet, even Neal Boortz brags about it, I really have to question if he was blowing smoke so he could look like one of the masses instead of just being another State mouthpiece for the elite?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, when I was playing a pick up game with Hussein yesterday I tried to elbow him out , but the guy is a tough, stringy little turkey!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wouldn't pay any attention to what Whoopie has to say about flying. She very rarely flies. She hates it and when she absolutely has to fly, she gets totally drugged to do it. She could get a cavity search and she wouldn't remember it!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
More of our govt officials spending our tax dollars on themselves:

Washington D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown finds himself in hot water over his choice of a work vehicle. According to The Washington Post, Brown ordered up a fully-loaded Lincoln Navigator L on the district's dime ahead of his January 2 inauguration, and more than a few eyebrows have been raised at the luxury SUV's $1,900 per month lease payment. Like most localities, our nation's capital is facing a sizeable budget shortfall this year – currently hovering at around $400 million.

But it gets worse from there. Brown reportedly demanded a black-on-black Navigator L for his personal use, and when the first vehicle showed up with a gray interior, he insisted the problem be rectified. As a result, Washington D.C. is currently paying to lease two Navigator L models at $1,900 month each, and the one with the gray cabin apparently can't be returned until October. Additionally, a dealer had to drive the inauguration vehicle from Coldwater, Michigan to Washington, D.C. at a cost of $1,500.

Brown, meanwhile, says that he never intended for the vehicle to be a fully loaded luxury SUV, and that he merely requested a black-on-black model. But The Washington Post reports that emails acquired via Freedom of Information Act requests show that the fully-loaded vehicle was sought per Brown's specifications.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/22/report-d-c-councils-kwame-brown-embroiled-in-lincoln-navigato/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why don't you talk that talk with some of those Democrat beauties???? You can be locked in a closet with Janine Garafalo or Rosie O'donnell...take your pick.