One hour lunches?

542thruNthru

Rediculous! I want a 90 min lunch!

transparent-turd-animated-gif-3.gif

Optimus Prime

That’s a selfish attitude don’t you think? It’s out of your hands. It’s contractual. We all would like to get out earlier (management too for that matter) and if you are doing this then you’re just going to raise awareness to the lunch exceptions and put targets on peoples backs. But hey you got out 30 minutes earlier
How is that being selfish? Am I not allowed to want to be somewhere other than work while not getting paid? Life is short. I'll take getting out of work 30 mins earlier any day of the week. Apparently that's some sort of cardinal sin though.

UrFellowUpser

Getting out 30 mins early really dont make that much off a difference bruh. I used to be on that runner gunner type ish, but over the three years I've been a cover I've made it a habbit to always take break at 1200 o clock no matter the route I'm on and i still get my businesses off on time along with my savers and scratch or come close to it. This job is easy you just need to take it one stop at a time and get bread.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Getting out 30 mins early really dont make that much off a difference bruh. I used to be on that runner gunner type ish, but over the three years I've been a cover I've made it a habbit to always take break at 1200 o clock no matter the route I'm on and i still get my businesses off on time along with my savers and scratch or come close to it. This job is easy you just need to take it one stop at a time and get bread.
I take my half hour meal period and my two 10 minute breaks together, between the 3rd and 6th hour, no exceptions.
I also make service on all of the packages dispatched to my bid route.
On average I am told that I am two hours over allowed and under dispatched, whatever that means?

This job is easy and there is no pressure, if you just divorce yourself from the Company metrics and the notion that you have to be clocked out by 5:30 every day.

Permit the Company to leverage your personal life against your professional life, and they will own you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
On average I am told that I am two hours over allowed and under dispatched, whatever that means?

Ever since IE stopped doing physical time studies, the numbers have been skewed.

It's been what.... 15 years since the implementation of EDD, and they still can't

differentiate between different suite #s or apts #s with the same common address.

An hour over, is the new scratch.

This job is easy and there is no pressure, if you just divorce yourself from the Company metrics and the notion that you have to be clocked out by 5:30 every day.

Permit the Company to leverage your personal life against your professional life, and they will own you.

There are like (maybe) 4 different types of drivers;

1) Seasoned veterans (regardless of years) that they leave alone.

2) Drivers that are on routes with jacked-up numbers, that still try and appease

the company and can't ever win.

3) Drivers that are absolute Beta's, that the company knows they can abuse them.

4) New drivers.... that make an over the top effort, that will eventually learn.

623STEWARD

Ever since IE stopped doing physical time studies, the numbers have been skewed.

It's been what.... 15 years since the implementation of EDD, and they still can't

differentiate between different suite #s or apts #s with the same common address.

An hour over, is the new scratch.

There are like (maybe) 4 different types of drivers;

1) Seasoned veterans (regardless of years) that they leave alone.

2) Drivers that are on routes with jacked-up numbers, that still try and appease

the company and can't ever win.

3) Drivers that are absolute Beta's, that the company knows they can abuse them.

4) New drivers.... that make an over the top effort, that will eventually learn.
hey bugger
what buffets are on tap for this week?

RolloTony Brown Town

Idk how many hours you work on average but I know when I was in package there was a route. He had 2 letter boxes that kept him out past 6:30, but if according to his planned dispatch he only had enough work to keep him busy til 5 then no matter what he’s going to be 1.5 over. So it’s An under dispatch.

As bug said, they haven’t done time studies in about a dozen years now. They have no intention of doing them. Your selection time is 18 seconds for 1st package (bulkhead) and 6 seconds for each additional. Overweights get more time but oversize doesn’t and packaged are getting bigger. The game is changing. Way more residential stops and not as many pieces at commercial stops. More stops less pieces means numbers won’t make sense.

An OJS ride is a good way to set the bar because if you do the job the right way but your numbers don’t make sense then at least you have a baseline to fall back on. Decent supervisors understand that not all routes are equal. You may not care about your numbers but if you’re 2 hours over during a typical ojs ride then there’s a time study problem.

RolloTony Brown Town

Dude.... don't even go there.

When a management person can run the route, make service, and complete the

job assignment within the company time frame....

52715537_10216894131359303_3867875331473932288_n.jpg

I can’t speak for management not being able to pull routes scratch. I was able to on most in my last center. If I couldn’t scratch it then as long as it was what I felt was reasonable there wasn’t much to talk about. I mean why would I push a number I can’t demonstrate myself?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Easy answer.

If you want to take your hour lunch than do it.

If you dont want to then dont.
How would that contract language read....and how would it mesh with the "9.5 Opt-in List" language and scheduled pickups???

I decide to take my lunch this day, so I can make my late pickup....but tomorrow, I'm not going to, so I can't.

Bigfoot11

From my understanding, as long as your break doesnt mess with nda your fine.

You can still opt on 9.5 even if you take your full contractual break.

If you dont take your break they are just going to fill the time with something else.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

If you dont take your break they are just going to fill the time with something else.
You didn't answer my question???....and that makes no sense.

Rack em

Made the Podium

What does the contract say? If it says to take your break or lunch at a certain time then you do it. We have to follow the contract as well or else how can we expect management to follow it?