One-Last-Battle...

If you quit they may rehire you as a sup. I've seen the company hire hard core union folks back as management because they have backbone.

It doesn't always work out real well tho.
They would also want them because they know all the tricks to screw with teamsters. I'd never go into management but if I did and wanted it to be the hunger games I'd win.

Rain Shield

Maybe the OP wants an eligible for rehire status for when he applies for another job down the road. I would be hard pressed to leave a company with the reputation that UPS has with the general public as a not eligible for rehire.

I fought this years ago with a Manager over a young guy who had worked for the company for 5 years during college. His last year he had some attendance issues due to requirements to fulfill his degree. He was leaving to get his Masters degree at another University out of state. Did not want to transfer. He just wanted to give his two weeks notice and leave with a favorable status.

We worked it out, and all was good.

If I was the OP I would go higher up the chain. What can it hurt?

kingOFchester

If I was the OP I would go higher up the chain. What can it hurt?

Sounds like a good plan, but to expect the union to get the status changed is absurd. Even if it was possible to "fight it" it would mean squat once he officially left. If he got the union to get his status changed to hirable, there is nothing in place to stop UPS from changing an ex-employee's/ex-union member's status back to non-rehiraebale.

His parting ways with UPS is entirely up to UPS on how they want to classify his status post employment.