One Solution To The Gay Marriage Issue

tourists24

Is this somehow supposed to be scary? In all the states that have allowed gay marriage, has there been any kind of groundswell demand for polygamous marriages?
Not saying its scary. maybe you're right bb..... just trying to point out that this decision wasn't just about gay marriage rights.... by changing the definition of marriage for one now has to be available to all in my opinion. Scary? Only time will tell but it opens up a whole new set of questions now

bbsam

Staff member
Not saying its scary. maybe you're right bb..... just trying to point out that this decision wasn't just about gay marriage rights.... by changing the definition of marriage for one now has to be available to all in my opinion. Scary? Only time will tell but it opens up a whole new set of questions now
And so what if there is? Maybe the government's only move is to be out of marriage altogether.

tourists24

Is this somehow supposed to be scary? In all the states that have allowed gay marriage, has there been any kind of groundswell demand for polygamous marriages?
In addition, while there may not be a groundswell of demand for polygamous marriages, Im sure there are some who would like to get married legally in the eyes of the law.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you kidding?! That would have made for huge messes.

"Slippery slope", "camel's nose under the tent ", and other similar tomes are just different ways of saying "we don't want change". Sorry, but change is here, just like climate change, and denying it exists won't make it go away. The gays can marry, the ACA is here to stay, and that pesky Muslim fellow seems to be winning.

Gee, our Kenyan Negro President sure was "arrogant" this week, a term I've heard over and over when discussing all of the Obama victories this last week. You'd say "uppity", but you'd get called out for it, so arrogant has to do.

So sad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It was just about gay marriage. If you read the justice's opinions they clearly laid out that fact. The media has done a poor job of actually laying out the facts of the justices' opinions. While I personally think polygamy should be legal, it's a non starter in regards to this ruling. If anything, the decision has made it even more clear than before that polygamous marriages aren't going to be legal.

tourists24

It was just about gay marriage. If you read the justice's opinions they clearly laid out that fact. The media has done a poor job of actually laying out the facts of the justices' opinions. While I personally think polygamy should be legal, it's a non starter in regards to this ruling. If anything, the decision has made it even more clear than before that polygamous marriages aren't going to be legal.
Doesn't matter what the opinions was. It redefined marriage and opens up endless varieties of all marriage combinations. Muddles everything