One year aniversary

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
PS I know that for some that this might be corny, but I do believe in a God that was watching out for me. I think he was wanting to get my attention. He did.

But without His guidence to see to it that I was taken to the right hosptal (I was put on diversion twice to end up at duke) and to see to it that the head of micro surgury was already there(after all the other surgeons had declared it a lost cause even for just the thumb), I was way more than lucky, I was blessed.

Not corny if you ask me! If I/we didn't have God watching out for us, we would be in some serious "you know what"!

Its good to see you doing better Danny!!!! Thumbs UP!:wink2:

M

Mike23

Biggest problem is that of the thumb, I cant grasp large objects with it anymore (large drinking cup for instance), cause the cut through the joint had to be allowed to fuse.

d

Congrats on the rehab. It's good to here such a sever injury is at least healing at all and it sounds like it's still healing! Did the doc say how much % of movement you'll get back?

I am sorry though that you can never hold a giant beer :( No man should have to go through that kind of pain :(

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just for you 9.5

Sorry it took me so long to post back. I had to get the camera to working again. Seems like the wife and daughter..........well those of you with wives and kids understand.

The fingers are at kinda a strange angle. The middle finger will always be bent the way it is. And fat due to the overlapping of the bones. Index finger is getting more movement and feeling, thumb is about as good as its going to get.

As you can tell, very blessed and happy with the results.

d
Overs photo I.jpg
Overs photo front.jpg
overs photo back.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Re: Just for you 9.5

Sorry it took me so long to post back. I had to get the camera to working again. Seems like the wife and daughter..........well those of you with wives and kids understand.

The fingers are at kinda a strange angle. The middle finger will always be bent the way it is. And fat due to the overlapping of the bones. Index finger is getting more movement and feeling, thumb is about as good as its going to get.

As you can tell, very blessed and happy with the results.

d

Wow judging by the first picture, your avatar isn't as far fetched as I originally thought.:funny:

Remarkable recovery.

rod

Retired 22 years
Great to see you doing well. A friend of mine was born with only one arm so a couple of years ago when he had rotor cup surgery he told me--"that is when you find out just how much your wife likes you" because she had to do everything for him. I picture my wife putting me on an ice flow like the Eskimos do if I asked her to --------------:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Had a customer of mine fall out of a tree stand. Crushed both arms, wrists to elbows. Took almost 6 months to heal. So imagine, cant use either hand for almost a half year.

Thing is, you either sit back and feel sorry for yourself, or you grab life by the horns, and improvise.

I got pretty good at improvising.

d