ONLY on ground.....

gixxer squid

Why are you dispatching at 10? They can't force you to fail. 9 is being nice. 830 is usually my go time. Shut the doors and leave.
The belts still moving and the gestapos have not opened the door for us sheeple to depart. That's why. Dispatch 10 Thursday and Friday last week.

We tried to negotiate 9 am dispatch but they would not allow. ISP contract states 10:00 am. It's a cluster :censored2: c

Bounty

The belts still moving and the gestapos have not opened the door for us sheeple to depart. That's why. Dispatch 10 Thursday and Friday last week.

We tried to negotiate 9 am dispatch but they would not allow. ISP contract states 10:00 am. It's a cluster :censored2: c
I argued this point with bbsam and it will be fine but they did not believe me that this happens.

NYCFXG

If the belt is still moving and you need to leave, have another truck ferry work out to them. Unless you are on rural or non local routes. Then you tell them tomorrow is another day.

bbsam

Staff member
I argued this point with bbsam and it will be fine but they did not believe me that this happens.
I don't remember arguing this. However, there is nothing to prevent me from sending trucks early. It's simple really. If keeping a truck to get maybe 5 boxes is going to kill service on 10, send the truck. If I have to take those as DNA's rather than "Business Closed", why would I care? As far as local inbound service is concerned, the both rate the same.

It will be fine

It's just like NYCFXG says with a customer locking his truck inside a dock. It's illegal, FedEx can't lock your trucks in the terminal. You are still responsible to service the freight that comes after they leave but they can't keep you there against your will. It's one of the few issues contractor relations will have your back on. Make a big deal about it, document it, and you'll likely get an apology.

bacha29

IWBF is spot on . Remember the clock starts running the moment you walk in the terminal door. If they can't get you out the door in about the same time they normally do during nonpeak season I think you are free to do. After all.it's your time they are mismanaging.